Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2019, 07:24 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Until you get it calibrated, a little trick is to lower the high side or end after the system stops.
Happy Glamping
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2019, 08:01 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona View Post
Didn't get a manual with the RV, but will check out the videos that you and RVPioneer recommend.
Got it that y'all think I'm stupid, but there was no manual that came with the RV.
Dealer walk through was basically, "push the button". Never thought that it would be off callibration from the moment I bought it.
I'll Duck Duck Go first before asking on this forum in the future.
Ramona,

Hope you have not left the forum yet. Everyone was a newbie once. Do not let the comments of a few run you off.

As for your system, I believe that someone above has posted the information. All auto leveling systems programmable for leveling. Each manufacturer of the system has a procedure that basically has you manually level the coach using a level, then set those as your standard. I personally like mine a bit front lifted and to passenger side due to drainage from roof. But everyone is a bit different.

For your benefit, when asking a question, please give as much information as possible about the unit, manufacturer, model, component, etc. as possible and the good folks will chime in to help you. There are a lot of folks on here that can and will assist you.

Good Luck!
Old 03-14-2019, 08:06 AM   #17

Sorry the OP thinks people are beating up on him/her. Seems too many people come on here asking questions that are answered in their owners manual if they would only look. I find it hard to believe that a Newmar dealer would let you drive away without the manuals that shipped with your coach. Every motorhome I've ever been in has a foot thick folder containing manuals for everything on board, go back and demand it.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
The equalizer manual is not that thick. But the zeroing procedure IS in there.
I suggested hours of reading manuals, not just one. Perhaps there are none with everything being available online. This is great until you experience a problem where internet access is not available. You now have 2 problems.

I am most familiar with HWH leveling systems. When auto leveling, the system detects the highest point. It will be one wheel, either front or rear. That jack will deploy and when it touches down it may lift the coach a small amount. It then brings the other 3 corners level to that point. Because the highest point is raised a bit from the get go, the coach ends up being a little higher than necessary to be level. Manually leveling the coach can result in an overall lower position. Just be sure to follow the leveling procedure recommended by the manufacturer to avoid potential damage to the coach.

I would recommend that you obtain manuals for the coach and all its systems from the dealer and schedule a time with them to spend a few hours to do a thorough walk through.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:30 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post
Since you have a Newmar, you also have ComNet and Newgle for resources as well as Newmar support.
Thanks knightstorm I had never heard about the ComNet. That's this: https://comnet2.newmarcorp.com/insta...r?mode=welcome Right?
I will check it out.
Ramona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
Sorry the OP thinks people are beating up on him/her. Seems too many people come on here asking questions that are answered in their owners manual if they would only look. I find it hard to believe that a Newmar dealer would let you drive away without the manuals that shipped with your coach. Every motorhome I've ever been in has a foot thick folder containing manuals for everything on board, go back and demand it.
Oh, I got a lot of manuals with the coach and believe it or not I have read almost every page in that entire satchel. But there was no manual for the Leveling System.
I should have checked online first—I have gotten passively used to the idea that there is no manual because of my experience with modern software.
Ramona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks