Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
New to Forum with a few questions

Hello to all! This forum is a great resource. I have been lurking for a few days and finally decided to take the plunge. I only hope I don't sound to stupid.

We have owned a 1996 Holiday Rambler Navigator for 5 years. We have just started using it for long trips this summer. It sat in my shop for the most part of 5 years. We recently took a trip from our home base in Colorado to Portland Oregon for my sons wedding. We had a great time and we are looking forward to many more trips. We have downsized our land based home to 1200 square feet from 6000 square so we can travel a bit more. We also have a disabled son that is 30 years old and he will be traveling with us. Ok now for the questions.

Where can I find out more about this MH? Questions like
1) Where is the hydraulic reservoir for the HWH computerized levelers?
2) Where are the starter solenoids?
3) How does the OTR A/C work? (Basement air Thermostat setting)

It is built on a Spartan Chassis

Oh by the way the only mishap on the Portland trip was that the 20ft awning blew off on I-5. It was a clean blow with NO damage to the MH or other vehicles. We were very fortunate.

I know I will have a lot of questions as we travel more.

Thank you in advance for your patience and help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0909.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	23460  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

You might post in the Monaco/HR owners forum on this site - there are probably other owners who can help you out. Your Navigator, though, is rather different than other HR models of that vintage, so don't get frustrated if you get advice that doesn't seem to apply. For example, I think yours is the only HR model with basement air in that time frame.

The HWH reservoir shouldn't be hard to find - just follow a jack hydraulic hose back to it. The valves are usually clustered on the reservoir and I would expect it to be mounted in the back on a pusher chassis like yours. Try the right rear side.

I don't want to run you off, but there are a couple active Holiday Ramblers Owners groups on Yahoo Groups . They are the ramblin_pushers and the HRmotorhomes groups.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks Gary. I will check them out. I'm not going anywhere though I like the info gleaned from here.

Regards
Steve
Old 07-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I am totally confused with regard to the forum. I have been checking back to see responses. I looked on the right hand side and saw 2 replies that did not show in the class a discussion. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Steve
Old 07-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
spearguy....The two responses would have been Gary's and your thank you response.

Once of the first diesels I ever fell in love with was the Navigator. They looked so cool and ahead of their time. Yours has a nice paint job.

As Gary said, your coach is going to be different than a lot of what's out there now. For that reason, I'm a little confused about your A/C question. Are you saying you don't have an automotive type dash air? I'm guessing that if you have basement air, it's for the coach the same way roof A/C units work. You can probably use it while driving if you run your generator. Otherwise, you should have a separate dash unit that is powered by the engine, just like a car.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for the response Don! Yes it does have dash air also. The dash A/C has 2 selections one says dash and the other says OTR or over the road. There are 2 compressors for A/C back on the Cummins one is for dash and 1 is for OTR just not sure what to set the thermostat on so that we don't have to run the Gen. when it isn't 100 degrees hot. The basement air works great with the Gen. going just don't like to run it all day down the road.

Regards
Steve

Tags
forum