Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-31-2015, 12:22 PM   #15
I think i know what you guys are referring to in regards to the relay. It seams to be controlled by a rocker switch on the dash that has a picture of a battery on it with a circle and hash line across it. This rocker switch has 3 positions. To the left if gives me power to the map reading lights for the 2 front captains chairs but that's it. In the middle or left position doesn't appear to do anything. Now the manual says it is an Aux. start for starting the RV if the engine battery is dead. Any hints on this??? Could this be exactly what i need to dig into deeper? Could i have a bad relay?

Shertz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2015, 12:30 PM   #16
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
When you say nothing works on batteries, do the coach lights work?

Outlets do not run off batteries, shore power or generator only (Maybe inverter if you have one)

I ask this because you specifically said you were new to this. A common error made by fresh newcomers is thinking the batteries supply power to the wall outlets.
You are right, i did assume that at first, then i was corrected. In my case i can't even get the lights in the ceiling to work under coach power and i know those are DC lights. Everything works while connected to shore power and i get 13.8vdc off of the inverter. I assume this is charging the house batteries. Thanks,

Shertz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:27 PM   #17
Country Coach Owners Club
Now the link from earlier, works.

This sounds like a similar problem:

No 12v need help
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:04 AM   #18
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are two or 3 kinds of disconnect switches.

But here is how to find the actual disconnect or discontunity.

Get a test light..This is a tool that is shaped like an old fashion ice pick but the handle is clear or translucent plastic, has a light bulb inside it and a wire lead with a clip

Start at the battery

CLIP to the POSITIVE lead..Touch negative with tip.. BRIGHT LIGHT =GOOD

now move clip to any metal part of the chassis..Paint free if possible... Still Bright GOOD

Now move clip to chassis, touch positive wire lug.. Still bright.. GOOD

Follow the wire and whatever it connects to..Touch both terminals on that device... Sooner or later you will find a device where you get BRIGHT/DARK.. that's your problem.

NOTE: IF you find a device that looks like a starter solenoid.. Only consider the LARGE terminals (The small ones may or may not light up depending on the type of solenoid. That comes in the next round of instructions.

You may jumper across it if it is a solenoid..... But not if it is a fuse or breaker.. Those need to be replaced or re-set.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote