Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #15

I got the Tire Tracker system from: https://www.tiretraker.com/proddetai...prod=TT400C-10

Easy to install........Can be taken into toad when not using the Coach, owner replaceable batteries and completely wireless set-up......
The monitor is smaller than my cell phone and I just put it on the dashboard with velcro (Both Coach and Toad)

I paid $429.00 for a 10 sensor system delivered to my door......

I called to ask a few questions when I was programming the monitor and the people are super friendly, full time RVers that really stand behind the product......

I think this is real peace of mind.........

Check out their web site......

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #16

The Tire Tracker link doesn't work.

rsalhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #17

I'm going to send her an email right now and see why the web site is down........

John
Old 10-13-2011, 07:48 AM   #18

You can order the system at: www.lawrencerv.com.
They have no idea why their other site is down and are looking into it.........

John
Old 10-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I bought the Tire Traker system last year in Quartzsite with the repeater and 10 sensors. So far all is good no problems.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:13 PM   #20

Just an update. I contacted Pressure Pro about the sensor and was sent a replacement. They were very nice and assured me that they would do what ever it took to make me happy and have the system work. The unit is up and running and I am pleased with it. I guess I was just one of the few that have troubles and they took care of it. Can't ask for more than that.
CharlieTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #21

Excuse me but I am perplexed by all of this. I bought this relatively long metal thing from Autozone (I think its called a tire gauge.) before I leave on a trip I stick it on the valves on my tires. If it reads 10 lbs less than a hundred lbs i put air in my tires. If it reads 10lbs more than a hundred lbs I take some air out. Everytime I stop for fuel I reread them again. I think that long metal thing cost me about 5 bucks. It is foolproof. It tells me what I need to know which is more than I can say about my DW. I guess you get what you pay for. But after reading all of this crap, I guess some people are just born totally anal retentive. If your TPMS or whatever shows a loss of air what do you do...stop and call Good Sams.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
buki-----are you actually telling us that you decrease the air pressure in a hot tire after traveling??? Interesting!
And no, if my monitering system shows a drop in pressure, I stop and check that tire before it blows and puts me in a ditch. Much better to be proactive rather than reactive
But then, to each his own!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #23

BTW...it has this little sort of square thing that comes out when you put it on your tire. There are numbers on it and my DW told me that is the amount of air that is in my tires. She said we could get another kind that shows a digital number sort of like my 1978 model calculator. But she said it wud have to have batteries. That long metal thing doesnt use batteries. So I guess I will stay with it until they come up with something better. So I guess I've saved a few hundred dollars. Since I've never had a flat after all of these years, I must be doing the right thing. But don't mind me...just do whatever it takes to make you happy.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #24

Don't know why someone would mock a TPMS system. The first time I had one on my truck I wondered if it was usefull. When it let me know that I had a low tire just before I hit the highway (it had a screw in it) so I was able to fill the tire and get it repaired rather than blow it I was sold. I since have added it to our old truck and camper combo and it let me know when my one tire was low, again due to a nail. Saved me that time as well. I have since added it to the boat trailer as well because you CANT see or feel what is happening with a vehicle you are pulling, until it is really much too late. But don't mind me, do what ever makes you happy.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:59 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Towed an Airstream trailer for 20,000 miles this year, but am moving up to a 40' Class A next week. Checked my tire presure on the Airstream at each stop (yes, I have one of those doo-hickeys as well) - will do the same on the Class A. Did not consider a TPMS for the Airstream because I (possibly eroneously) thought I could feel a change in how the Airstream pulled. Am seriously considering a TPMS for the Class A though.

I have read countless posts the last few weeks, and the reasons people give for getting a TPMS appear to center around knowing when tire pressure drops WHILE DRIVING, not while sitting stationary at a gas pump. Some folks report losing tire pressure on a toad while in motion, not knowing it, driving on, and causing damage to the vehicle. Others report losing pressure on a rear wheel of the coach while in motion, causing the weight on that side of the coach to be transferred to a single tire, and possibly overloading that tire.

They seem to like the peace of mind of knowing what is going on with their machine while in motion, and being able to make timely decisions before the situation becomes more costly to recover from.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #26

Buki will be happy to know when he has a motion tire blow or get hot and fail His tuby thingy will probably show zero air as he measures the pressure while on side of freeway with heavy traffic flowing near his body while checking tires. Some people are real happy over that invention. Checking tires after damage is done is a good thing with that metal tube.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:58 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by buki View Post
BTW...it has this little sort of square thing that comes out when you put it on your tire. There are numbers on it and my DW told me that is the amount of air that is in my tires. She said we could get another kind that shows a digital number sort of like my 1978 model calculator. But she said it wud have to have batteries. That long metal thing doesnt use batteries. So I guess I will stay with it until they come up with something better. So I guess I've saved a few hundred dollars. Since I've never had a flat after all of these years, I must be doing the right thing. But don't mind me...just do whatever it takes to make you happy.
I've got one of those $5 "thingies" too, however at 65 mph it's a bit hard to check the tires with it; that said - other than new tires, the TPMS was the 2nd most important thing we purchased to keep us safe and provide some peace-of-mind when driving. Yes, when adding air I use one of those thingies but when driving I rely upon a proven technology to aid in our safety. Good luck with whatever approach you choose.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #28

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Is the tire tracker, the one that had shipping problems several years ago?

I was one of the lucky ones that got immediate shipment and was very happy with the product, but I sold it with the MH.

They treated me fine and I would buy from them again.

Just Because is offline   Reply With Quote