Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Smile New TPMS Installed - very easy!

Purchased and now installed an 8-wheel TireTraker TPMS. Installed quickly, monitor updated immediately...then adjusted air pressure in all the tires...removed/re-installed 'sensors' - lost 2 and had to remove and re-add which I think was a glitch but now all seems great. Recommend these - we drove for a bit with a flat-tire on the duallys and didn't notice nor did it look flat...not a good thing! Now we'll always know!
Firstpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I put the 12 wheel system on our rig and no problem. We have not run the trailer on the road yet, but it does work on the truck. What I like is that I can put new batteries in the sensor myself.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I wouldn't know if one system is better than another . I have the Tire Traker and it works well .purchased from Phil at TechnoRV - Your One-Stop-Shop for RV-related Safety, Security and Computer Accessories
Old 09-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Best peace of mind you can buy. Congratulations !
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #5

Bought mine last month but will be waiting on installing because we will be getting new tires first of next month. Current set has a leaking flexible inner duals valve extension problem. Will be airing them up, making a dash for the tire store, and then installing the Tire Traker. My coach has a metal skin and is a 40 footer, so for added insurance I also got the battery powered range exteder. Has anyone had experiences with the signal reception???
JohnQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
On my 38 ft fiberglass coach, there have been no issues with reception from the toad tires.. It will be interesting to see how you make out with the extra 2 ft and metal skin..
The range extender may have been a smart move !!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
I have the Pressure Pro system. I moved my RV and the reading was still coming up on my moniter when I was about 3/4 of a mile from the Toad. Pretty amazing!
Old 10-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #8

I got the Pressure Pro system in June and have had nothing but problems with it. Out of 6 sensors, 4 of them have gone bad. I have a call into the factory tomorrow and talk to them about it. Not guite a satisfied customer right now.
CharlieTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #9

Buy the sensors for the NVision from brake buddy. Same sensors as the Pressure Pro but different name 2 for $63 free shipping from Amazon.com
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #10

Thanks for the heads up on those. I still have to deal with Pressure Pro for awhile. The unit is just four months old.
CharlieTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #11

Installing TPMS in the morning.......Just installed Airlift bags front and rear. Someone stop me
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Two true, and similar stories:

I got my brand new TPMS, put it on the MH and Towed and headed north, about 150 miles north, about 50 miles into the trip the TPMS got real annoying, Seems the left front on the towed was loosing pressure (turns out I'd been screwed, read on for pun)

Pulled over, fired up generator and portable air compressor and re-inflated, completed trip adding air to the tire several times over the weekend, Finally returned home Sunday eve (Adding air yet again) and on Monday I re-inflated, and headed for Belle Tire.. Road hazard warranty, they located the screw, removed it and patched the tire (properly, from inside) re-mounted and re-inflated and re-palced, Total cost, perhaps 50 cents worth of gas for the generator and a bit of time. (I told you "Screwed" was a pun, the screw, was stuck in the tire letting the air out)

Another RVer, got his delivered to teh campground where he was about to leave.. Tossed it in the basement intending to put it on when he got home (he did too) about 15 miles out of the camp ground folks are honking and pointing.. Finally he pulls over, does a walk around.. Same tire, (left front on towed) was flat, shredded, total loss, rim damaged, fender and wheel well toast, over 2,000 in secondary damage.

How much did you say that TPMS cost? Compare my cost with his and you have the real cost of a TPMS.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Pressure Pro

Two years old

All sensors still good

Replacement sensors: $35.00 each

Suppose you just docked from a trip, but there is a slow leak developing in one of the tires. With a TPMS, you'll know when it gets below a threshold point. With the TPMS, you can scan the pressure in every tire in less than 15 seconds.

While on the road, the TPMS will monitor the psi and temp of each tire.
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #14
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
My 10 sender Pressure Pro system has been in use for over 4 years and is still working as designed. I do take the senders off when parked for an extended time. I like this system but I also like the ability to replace the batteries myself on other brands that I might consider in the future.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote