Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2015, 06:32 PM   #15

THanks wb7! i will follow up with you if I purchase it this weekend.

ama009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2015, 06:34 PM   #16

Yea Monkey Run, I am not too worried about the outside. I can definately work with the decals, and if it can be buffed out I will look up how to do it. I will enjoy working on this thing once I get it. That is, unless your sister buys it out from under me LOL! it is near San Antonio Texas

Old 11-04-2015, 06:35 PM   #17

Thanks Tim!! I am already making plans and I don't even have it yet! trying not to get too excited
Old 11-04-2015, 06:50 PM   #18

Only issue I can remember was the jacks periodically not working. I eventually tracked it down to a bad ground wire to the control pad when it got stuck at my house with jacks down. When my father could no longer drive long distance, we used to fly to FL and drive it north for my parents to stay in while they visited us kids. In the fall, we drove it back to their FL storage lot. Great highway cruiser pulling their CRV. Way nicer than my gasser. Spooky looking at your pictures as I feel like we are looking at their coach.
BTW, my brother just paid 20K to buy it back. Previous owner did some nice upgrades of flat screen TV's and new carpeting. Bought it to take a disabled soon on a cross country trip and had no issues.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ama009 View Post
Yea Monkey Run, I am not too worried about the outside. I can definately work with the decals, and if it can be buffed out I will look up how to do it. I will enjoy working on this thing once I get it. That is, unless your sister buys it out from under me LOL! it is near San Antonio Texas
My thought is to pass it along to her if you don't want it, sorry I forgot that part!
Old 11-04-2015, 07:21 PM   #20

Great info Tim! and sorry for the flashbacks!That is what we are looking for. A good starter DP for us to get into the RV world! We have been renting an RV 2 times a year and we are tired of throwing the money away like that. I feel really good about it at its current sale price of $16,999. We might even get it for less once cash in hand is shown! LOL
Old 11-04-2015, 07:23 PM   #21

I knew what you meant Monkey! LOL Just had to give you a hard time! Again, I really appreciate all the input from everyone! definately makes the buying portion less scary. Plus, I am very impressed with the warm welcome with this Forum Community as other forums are not as nice!
Old 11-04-2015, 07:43 PM   #22

Looking at the pics I saw inspection and registration expired last year. Unless they renewed recently( I have to ask), I am assuming I can get inspection done almost anywhere. I renew my box truck registration at a local shop no problem.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:05 PM   #23

National RV Owners Club
We've had a 1999 Tradewinds since 2007 and like Art have had very few problems. The jack tank is one thing to check out, ours was the same and I made a strap to prevent the same problem. Here is a link to all the factory Documentation for the 99 much will be the same for you.
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=AE67FF...766057&group=0

Here's a link to the mods we've done, the Jack Tank details are in there.
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=AE67FF...766057&group=0
Most of them are because I can't seem to stop tampering with it. One thing to do for sure is replace the glass tube TV up front with a LCD. Because of the weight it will eventually cause a leak in the front cap seam. This is possibly what happened to the fella who said check the curtains for water damage.
Do check the windshield fit, some of the older Tradewinds had problems with the windshields coming out of the rubber gasket. Another problem from the heavy Front TV. You will not be able to buy new decals. They had a shelf life of about eight years, so even if you do find some they will not be any good. You can try Poly Glow products on the blue, the boat guy should know about there products and have an opinion. http://www.poliglow-int.com/

We really wouldn't trade ours for any other brand. Being an Orphan at that age isn't a deal buster at all. Most of the stuff is OEM and no harder to find than any coach that age.

The guy who sold his and bought a Country Coach definitely did an upgrade. CC is a higher end coach that was once owned by National RV and should be not only a bit better appointed but a bit more pricy.

Dick
Old 11-04-2015, 08:38 PM   #24

Amazing the work you have done on that mh dick! New motorhomes should envy yours! That tank fix looks easy enough! The paint job on the other hand looks slightly more difficult (haha)! Great job! I could have done without the bloody finger pics lol! Really, thanks for sharing that information! You have set the benchmark!
Old 11-04-2015, 09:56 PM   #25

If you buy it, you can get help with any Freightliner problem from the free Freightliner help desk (1 800 ftl help). Have the last 6 digits of your VIN number available when you call.

They have all of the chassis build info, including wiring diagrams.

They also offer a 2 day class called "camp freightliner".

Looks like a good buy. Enjoy!

Fred
Old 11-04-2015, 10:48 PM   #26

Awesome Fred! Thank you!

Again! Thank you all!
Sincerely
AL
Old 11-05-2015, 12:10 AM   #27

The most expensive items on this coach, IMO, are the engine, trans and rear end. More important than fading decal concerns. Hopefully they can show you a pile of routine maintenance receipts etc.
Consider having it inspected contingent to sale.

It does look nice for the price😀😀

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:19 AM   #28

You make a great point BRex45! My purchase decision is gonna depend mostly on what you mentioned. According to the owner, the coach only has little over 40K miles on it. If that is true, not much maintenance could have taken place. then again, if it has been sitting for a long time without running, then it may require some maintenance...

Tags
freightliner