Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2015, 09:56 PM   #85

Yep, was in the engine compartment and found several terminals in pretty bad shape. looks like i will be doing the same in there. take care of that heart situation first. You kinda need that! : )

ama009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2015, 09:32 AM   #86

National RV Owners Club
You're gonna find stuff like that in the first year. By the time you've gone through it, it will truly be yours. Great fun The inside looks GREAT

The separate washer / dryer takes up a lot of storage. If you don't plan to take long trips you may want to remove and store them. But save them incase you sell it some day. The water shut offs are under the bottom drawer just to the left of the washer. There is a dedicated 15 AMP outlet just behind and to the right of the washer. I used it for the Dirt Devil Vacuum I added.

The TV up front looks glass tube. You'll want to replace it with a LCD to reduce the weight in the overhead compartments. All the weight will compromise the seal of the front cap to the roof and cause a leak that isn't immediately noticeable because the water gets caught by the plastic on the bottom of the compartments. Check the caulking on the front and back cap seams. If it's bad EternaBond Tape is a good solution. About the only other place in the roof that is prone to leak after this many years is the skylight. While on the roof be careful around the Air Conditioner shrouds they become brittle with age and break easy if you use them for leverage to get back on your feet. New ones are available but you don't need the expense for a while. Don't ask me how I know this

Don't wait too long to strap down the jack tank.

This was a great buy. DW is concerned that ours isn't worth more than that. But I think you found the best buy in the country for any make Motor Home period.

Dick

Old 11-25-2015, 04:25 AM   #87

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
While on the roof be careful around the Air Conditioner shrouds they become brittle with age and break easy if you use them for leverage to get back on your feet. New ones are available but you don't need the expense for a while. Don't ask me how I know this
LOL

Dick knows what he's talking about.

Ooops! Link: Brittle Shroud Syndrome

Enjoy your new TW!
DKStall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:38 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post

This was a great buy. DW is concerned that ours isn't worth more than that. But I think you found the best buy in the country for any make Motor Home period.

Dick
It sure has me thinking about the value of our 1999 Allegro Bus!
Old 11-25-2015, 08:39 AM   #89

Newb looking at a 97 Freightliner Tradewinds

Thank you Dick,! the tv is going out asap, but like you said, the jack tank is gonna be first on the list. funny thing about the washer and dryer, i too thought they were separate, but the top one is actually a dish washer. I took it out anyway because it has a leak. I like the rubber treatment you did on yours, but that may have to wait till summer.
LOL DK you guys obviously give each other hell.
Monkey Run, it was the only one i found in a 400 mile radius that was at that price that was not a scam. So far the problem it had with starting cause of the starter solenoid. I know it is worth more than what I got it for.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:13 PM   #90

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448507584.523722.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	112770
Apparently someone beat me to it Dick!
Old 11-25-2015, 09:14 PM   #91

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448507646.041064.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	112771
Old 11-26-2015, 09:05 AM   #92

National RV Owners Club
Good deal One thing you don't have to worry about.

Dick
Old 11-26-2015, 06:03 PM   #93

Yes sir! now I can go straight to the TVupgrade! : )

Tags
freightliner