Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2014, 09:57 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Newbie Florida Bound

We just purchased a 2007 Excursion 40E and are looking to head to Bradenton Florida from northeast Wisconsin toward the end of March. We have taken a couple trips in smaller RVs but are looking at a much bigger journey this time. We plan on towing an open aluminum trailer with our 85 Caddy Eldo Convert. First night at Corvette Musuem in Kentucky and then to southern Georgia before we head to Bradenton. I put new tires on the coach, checked furnaces and am planning on de-winterizing mid March to make sure plumbing is working. Purchased Good Sam Roadside. Any other suggestions?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Have fun. Look into and find out about when all the Renn Faires and Pirate Festivals are. They are a blast to go to and do. We know quite a few of the people still performing in them. If you like stage plays then look up when Anna Maria Island Players, Manatee Players or the big theater in Sarasota FL are open with shows. There is also a dinner theater in Sarasota that did Camelot a few years ago.

It's been a couple of years since we've been there even for a visit and things had changed somewhat from when we had lived there or I could tell you some places to visit.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
One thing I'd check is what the campgrounds you are going to want you to do with the trailer. I've seen many that do not have space for large trailers and don't allow you to keep them on your site (or only allow them on specific sites) so you have to store them at an offsite location.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:44 AM   #4

while your down south go to muscle car city in sarasota , I think. Its in a converted walmart and over 2 hundred cars.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You're late! Winter is about over.

That said, enjoy the trip, from a former resident of Waushara county.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Wish I could leave earlier but work still calls to pay for the coach. The RV park we are heading to wants to charge an extra ten dollars per day to store the trailer on a gravel lot next door to the park. So be it. I plan on golfing but the Muscle Car Museum sounds interesting. I'm a car dealer and always love the old ones. We may travel from Nashville along I65 into Alabama to avoid Atlanta. Even on a good day the traffic is not fun in Atlanta. I recently installed the TST tire monitors and am very impressed. So much, that I became a dealer for them. Great product!!!!
Old 02-11-2014, 01:05 PM   #7

We are also heading for FL (Clermont) in March and can't wait to get out of this weather. You are going to be one long rig. Have fun and take it slow. If you get a chance and like Greek food, try going to Tarpon Springs. Oh, and hopefully the lovebugs won't littering the roadways.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #8
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tarpon Springs is a great place to visit. Great Greek food and a lot to see. Buy some real sponges while you're there.
2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #9
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That campground sounds a lot like the one we stay at down there. If so its just on the west side of the Interstate and there is a nice pond that you can park next to. Lots of fresh fruit and veggies in the area. Love it.
2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
Tarpon Springs is a great place to visit. Great Greek food and a lot to see. Buy some real sponges while you're there.
And don't forget the handmade goat's milk soap.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
Join the Moose Club on Bradenton Beach. Biggest Moose in the country I believe, mainly for the snowbirds. If you see my mom there, tell her I said Hi. The folks are full-timers but this year they are staying at their stick-n-brick in Bradenton. Also check out American Legion Post 24 in Bradenton, the boyscout hut out back is dedicated to my Grandfather.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner View Post
We just purchased a 2007 Excursion 40E and are looking to head to Bradenton Florida from northeast Wisconsin toward the end of March. We have taken a couple trips in smaller RVs but are looking at a much bigger journey this time. We plan on towing an open aluminum trailer with our 85 Caddy Eldo Convert. First night at Corvette Musuem in Kentucky and then to southern Georgia before we head to Bradenton. I put new tires on the coach, checked furnaces and am planning on de-winterizing mid March to make sure plumbing is working. Purchased Good Sam Roadside. Any other suggestions?
yes take us with you I could be the butler we travel cheap!!!
Are you in a Caddie car club with the 85?
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:36 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
while your down south go to muscle car city in sarasota , I think. Its in a converted walmart and over 2 hundred cars.
It's a little further south in Punta Gorda, unless they opened other one in Sarasota that I am not aware of. The one in PG is on the south end of town on US 41 west side of the hwy. Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City Museum
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
It's a little further south in Punta Gorda, unless they opened other one in Sarasota that I am not aware of. The one in PG is on the south end of town on US 41 west side of the hwy. Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City Museum
thats it ; At least I got the state right

Tags
florida, newbie