Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2017, 06:43 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discal View Post
Thank you everyone for the feedback. I do believe it is time to take the dish soap on a three hour cruise. My wife Terri is wanting to go down to Melbourne and show it to her sister. That will be a good three hours round trip. We have already made it a point not to put coffee grounds or grease down the drain but who knows how the last owners handled their tanks.

Again thank you for the feedback.
Google the "geo" method. You are on the right track with the soap. Add water softener to the mix. It keeps things from sticking to the sides of your tank. Ever take a shower in softened water? Skin felt slippery? Same thing.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2017, 03:04 PM   #16

The only consistent thing about the Tank Sensors is they are inconsistent! They only seem to be as good as our last attempt of cleaning and dumping. I'm not sure they should be called sensors. However, while you get to know your coach, they are consistent as "indicators!" So, if it's been a few days without dumping and the said indicators are indicating full, I'm planning on tank dumps asap!
Best to all,
Tim
BentlyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemert View Post
Google the "geo" method. You are on the right track with the soap. Add water softener to the mix. It keeps things from sticking to the sides of your tank. Ever take a shower in softened water? Skin felt slippery? Same thing.
Been RVing for 30+ years & then on another rv site I found the "geo" method.
Figured I'd give it a try. Been using it for three years now.
Like the old old commercial said "try it you make like it, look Mikey likes it"

Mikey gives it a
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:19 PM   #18

Newbie update,
We took the Southwind for a drive this weekend for the first time since buying her. We made sure the tanks were well emptied. We have not been to the store in a couple of weeks and were running low on dish soap, so we used a well known degreaser we had in the house. We will call it “Cruel Jade Degreaser”. I poured a couple of cups down both the drain in the shower, and the toilet. That was followed by a five gallon bucket of water. Then off we went to visit relatives. (A side note; we now know we are going to invest in some suspension upgrades. We felt like Forrest Gumps ping pong ball every time the tractor trailers went by.) We got back to the house after about a six hour drive; hooked up the drain lines, and proceeded to stop up the entire world! We have not used the toilet but sparingly when we needed to urinate while setting things up. But let me tell you, we got everything but coming out of that tank. You could see; whatever it was, though the clear elbow. It looked a lot like warm pudding someone would wash down the sink. There was also a fair bit of toilet paper; which as I said earlier, we had not put down the drain. Now, I know all of this intimately because the drain we hook up to as about a foot up on the side of our house and during the comings and goings, I caught the hose with my foot and pulled it loose from house. No fertilizer for the side yard this summer. Fortunately, the smell was.... delicate enough, that the neighbors did not riot. Boy oh boy, I can see the good times ahead already.
Discal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:32 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discal View Post
Newbie update,
We took the Southwind for a drive this weekend for the first time since buying her. We made sure the tanks were well emptied. We have not been to the store in a couple of weeks and were running low on dish soap, so we used a well known degreaser we had in the house. We will call it “Cruel Jade Degreaser”. I poured a couple of cups down both the drain in the shower, and the toilet. That was followed by a five gallon bucket of water. Then off we went to visit relatives. (A side note; we now know we are going to invest in some suspension upgrades. We felt like Forrest Gumps ping pong ball every time the tractor trailers went by.) We got back to the house after about a six hour drive; hooked up the drain lines, and proceeded to stop up the entire world! We have not used the toilet but sparingly when we needed to urinate while setting things up. But let me tell you, we got everything but coming out of that tank. You could see; whatever it was, though the clear elbow. It looked a lot like warm pudding someone would wash down the sink. There was also a fair bit of toilet paper; which as I said earlier, we had not put down the drain. Now, I know all of this intimately because the drain we hook up to as about a foot up on the side of our house and during the comings and goings, I caught the hose with my foot and pulled it loose from house. No fertilizer for the side yard this summer. Fortunately, the smell was.... delicate enough, that the neighbors did not riot. Boy oh boy, I can see the good times ahead already.
Whats the real name of that cleaner? Sounds like it did a fantastic job of cleaning all the old...stuff from your tanks.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, newbie, problems