Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2015, 04:08 PM   #15

Watch out for rural businesses with hundred of different size domestic propane tanks in their lot. They will usually have a dispensing pump out front.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2015, 04:27 PM   #16

Thanks--all good info! I have the Pilot app but I had not noticed the bulk propane info! Thanks for the tip. There is a Tractor Supply nearby and a Southern States Farm Supply near our next destination that does have bulk propane so we are good. Thank you all so much! Now we have to figure out how to get the fridge to run on LP tonight so the freezer will be cold tomorrow. We have had no luck so far and the manual is not helping.

AgentTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:27 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
In the fine state of Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I've never seen a Costco that has propane for sale, but I haven't been in all of them in WA or OR either.

Our Costco has it collocated with the gas.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTaylor View Post
Thanks--all good info! I have the Pilot app but I had not noticed the bulk propane info! Thanks for the tip. There is a Tractor Supply nearby and a Southern States Farm Supply near our next destination that does have bulk propane so we are good. Thank you all so much! Now we have to figure out how to get the fridge to run on LP tonight so the freezer will be cold tomorrow. We have had no luck so far and the manual is not helping.
Open the app and touch the yellow box on top left. Use the "Search Locations" tab.

Drop down and enter your state then "Amenities". "Check" bulk propane.

You can use the map mode by touching the button on the bottom.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:02 PM   #19

Rexhall Owners Group
We tend to favor the KOA camp grounds. Every one that I've been to has a propane filling station. I won't vouch that it is the cheapest, but for a couple of fill ups a year, it sure is handy. If you don't have one of their directories, they have a good website.
Bob
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:52 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spare Outside Propane Tank

It's nice and convenient to have a propane tank sitting outside so you don't have to use your main RV tank (if you have one).

I use two 40 lb tanks hooked up to a B-B-Q hose outlet with a 5psi regulator. I then swap them around as one gets empty.

A 40lb tank will hold about 9.2 gallons or about 80% of total.

Once filled, it weighs about 75lbs. <<< Just in case you care
Attached Images

Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:57 PM   #21

Interesting solution! Where do you store them?
Old 10-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Now we have to figure out how to get the fridge to run on LP tonight so the freezer will be cold tomorrow.
Have you tried turning on a stove burner to bleed air out of the supply line before turning on the fridge?
TinCanTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:55 PM   #23

Quote:
have to figure out how to get the fridge to run on LP tonight so the freezer will be cold tomorrow. We have had no luck so far and the manual is not helping.
If it is switched to "auto" and plugged into shore power, it will run on electric.
Usually the switch has an Auto/gas operation, but model number of the fridge would help get the right advice.
Unplug from shore power might do it too.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:29 PM   #24

I have not tried bleeding air supply but I don't know why it would have any air in the hose. We have never added any propane yet. We are not parked in an area with shore power. We turned on the generator and switched the auto setting to LP but when we turned the generator off, the fridge turned off instead of continuing on LP.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:10 PM   #25

The manual shows it is for models N64XIM XIMXX and N84XIM & XIMXX. I don't know which one I have. I think the 84 because it is the larger size.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:05 AM   #26

Most campgrounds have propane......................

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:34 AM   #27

Do a search on the internet for RV Propane Fill Stations.

Last spring when we were in Amherst, Nova Scotia, I needed to refill our coach tank and a grill gas tank. There were several that would swap grill tanks, but the only place around that also filled RV's was the local laundry! They had propane for their fuel and had a fill station on their tank. The seamstress who worked there handled it.

I have an Extend-a-Stay kit to connect the grill gas tank to the coach system. This not only supplements the volume, tank exchanges are much more common than RV fill stations. Also, if I run low, I can swap tanks without having to drive the coach to the fill station.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:52 AM   #28

Quote:
The manual shows it is for models N64XIM XIMXX and N84XIM & XIMXX. I don't know which one I have. I think the 84 because it is the larger size.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldnnewnseries.pdf
have you looked at this manual? It looks pretty detailed in my opinion with troubleshooting using the diagnostic mode. Do you have any error faults?

Tags
newbie, propane