Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2015, 05:14 AM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTaylor View Post
I have not tried bleeding air supply but I don't know why it would have any air in the hose. We have never added any propane yet. We are not parked in an area with shore power. We turned on the generator and switched the auto setting to LP but when we turned the generator off, the fridge turned off instead of continuing on LP.
If you have never added any propane, are you sure that the main shut off for the propane is on. The dealer could have shut it off when it was stored at their lot. Normally a dealer will fill the propane on purchase.
Peterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2015, 05:34 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
If you've never used propane, then it DOES have air in the lines...

first time I used our fridge or furnace, I had to run the stove for a pretty long time and click the lighter every few seconds until it burned consistently, then tried the furnace and the fridge...
ya gotta prime the pump to get it to start

good luck and welcome !
Old 10-08-2015, 05:36 AM   #31

Quote:
I have not tried bleeding air supply but I don't know why it would have any air in the hose. We have never added any propane yet. We are not parked in an area with shore power. We turned on the generator and switched the auto setting to LP but when we turned the generator off, the fridge turned off instead of continuing on LP.
FWIW when buying propane I look for places used to dealing with motor homes. They are a bit different than filling a barbecue tank. Some folks get it and some do not. BTDT.

Now for trouble shooting. If you have not used the system for a while air can replace the propane in the hose. Not sure why but it is easy to address. Light the stove. If the stove runs most of the line is filled with propane so the refrigerator might fault once or twice but should then run.

The stove will also tell you if the propane valve is closed or the excess flow valve tripped. If the stove will not light make sure the tank valve is on. IF the valve is on, turn it off then slowly turn back on. There is a leak preventer function that shuts off the flow if it gets too high.

If the stove is working and the refrigerator is not turn on a light. If the light comes on you have 12 VDC. If not then toggle the storage/salesman switch. You need that on to supply power to the control board. If that does not turn on the refrigerator you need to get into serious trouble shooting. Post back with what you did and saw and somebody will jump in.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:01 AM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Thanks. We are on the road so we will look for a Costco or truck stop! Maybe call ahead to check...thanks so much!
Not sure about wherever you are, but our Costco will NOT fill tanks in RV's only bottles that you can carry in. I go to local campground by me, or several other campgrounds I have been to. Some of those offer outside propane companies that come around by truck and will fill on site, caution: you will pay DEARLY for this type service and should be a last resort. I have only done it because I was in danger of running out in cold weather and did not plan on leaving for several more days. Guy was very upfront with me when he arrived, he said "our price is pretty high"!
trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:19 AM   #33

If I'm at home, I go to the local propane company.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, propane