Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2016, 08:28 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
See my previous reply first....

Your appliances (fridge, etc) require 12V from the converter or batteries, as well as 120V from shore power, to operate. It appears that the problem is with the converter and/or batteries not supplying power to their control boards.

Sunny1 is correct in that the TOPs of those switches by the door MUST be pressed in order for the 12V to be connected to the house distribution system. I though we already covered that, but maybe not.

Your "outlets" should NOT be affected by the disconnect switch, however.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bounder View Post
That's progress.

Can you tell me the make and model of your converter? (PD-91XX, etc)

There is NOT a reset button associated with most converters. You can determine if it is working by measuring the voltage, at the house battery terminals, when the coach is plugged into shore power, and comparing that voltage reading with the reading when the coach is NOT plugged into shore power. If the voltage does not change, then the converter is not working.

I will check the make/model when I get home.... I left before seeing your message. :(

Old 08-22-2016, 08:41 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny1 View Post
Hey, so hopefully this won't insult you, but you said to ask anything.

The two battery disconnect switches above the door that say 'aux' and 'main' ... When you are plugged into shore power did you push the one that says 'aux' up. I believe this connects the converter and allows your lights and everything to turn on ... Including the fridge. I just went and plugged mine into shore power and when I did that everything turned on ... Lights, fridge, outlets. When I click it down everything turns off.

Did you try that switch?

1998 Fleetwood: Pace Arrow Vision 36B (Chevy 454)

We'll be back home this afternoon(at work now, we're semi-retired). I will check all that y'all have asked when we get home. I'll take pics, too.

Thank you all!!

Hopefully, with the new info from y'all, and getting home to get new info, we'll get this thing back on track!
Old 08-22-2016, 09:07 AM   #32

Old Bounder ... You are definitely correct. Just went and checked again, and they work regardless.

I think I asked about the switch position earlier but don't recall if she tried that or not. I turned 50 this year, so if she said she did can I just claim that as a senior moment ... Ha!

Old 08-22-2016, 09:45 AM   #33

Quote:
Old Bounder ... You are definitely correct. Just went and checked again, and they work regardless.

I think I asked about the switch position earlier but don't recall if she tried that or not. I turned 50 this year, so if she said she did can I just claim that as a senior moment ... Ha!

I'm having a senior moment as well (older than you! Lol)....which switch position should I be checking and where is it? (I could not be any dumber about this stuff!)

I'm at work right now (semi-retired with a small business), so when we get home this afternoon, I will do all that y'all have asked, plus take pics to verify.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:51 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Not until you turn 78, like me. I have so many senior moments that I can't count them all.
I think it was I who had the senior moment in not asking about the Disconnect switch. I've been involved with three such power problems (all on '99 Pace Arrows) in the last couple of days, so forget what has been covered and what hasn't

I was just as clueless as most newbees when I first started, some 30 years ago.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:14 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
My coach has 6 volt batteries connected in series to give twelve volts. So the house battery bank may be the same on this unit. Just a thought.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:43 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It is the same...
Old 08-22-2016, 12:50 PM   #37

BamaMom,
The two battery disconnect switches above your main door that say 'aux' and 'main'. Push them both upwards and see if that fixes anything.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:02 PM   #38

Quote:
BamaMom,
The two battery disconnect switches above your main door that say 'aux' and 'main'. Push them both upwards and see if that fixes anything.

Push both upwards at the same time? Or each one separately? Sorry for the dumb questions

I'm on my way home now so I can look/try some of the suggested fixes.

I'm going to take photos of everything
Old 08-22-2016, 01:37 PM   #39

Quote:
No, it's [the Dometic fridge] plugged into an outlet like a regular home appliance. I just looked at mine and when I remove the cover the outlet is located to the right and up a little bit. Easy to see if you're looking for it.

Ok....is the outlet behind one of these pics? Sorry that one got cut off...

The pic below got cut off, but it has a HOT label on it.

online photo storage
Old 08-22-2016, 01:41 PM   #40

Yes, the outlet is behind the top photo. Mine is to the right side and up a bit.

As far as the battery disconnect switches above your main entry door you can push them both up at the same time or separately ... It doesn't matter.

Also ... No such thing as a dumb question on here!

Hope this helps.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:49 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bounder View Post
Do you know if your coach uses a DC converter or does it have an inverter/charger installed? The converter would probably be a Progressive Dynamics 91XX or equivalent. The Inverter/Charger might be a Freedom 458.

You stated earlier that your house batteries were each reading 6V. Is that still true?

If the batteries still have power, the problem is that the battery voltage is not getting back to the distribution system/panel. There are two manual reset dc circuit breakers inside the BCC (Battery Control Center box) that may be tripped.

If your coach has the aforementioned I/C (inverter/charger) those tripped breakers could account for your entire set of symptoms.

If your coach has the converter instead of the I/C, you should still have DC power via the converter, when plugged into shore power unless the converter has also failed.

We have the DC Converter (I'll look brand and model)

Where are these breakers located? Under the fridge?
Old 08-22-2016, 02:17 PM   #42

The DC Converter...

Brand is MagnaTEK

Model series 7400 7455

Tags
electrical, newbie, pace arrow, ace