Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2015, 05:28 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Newbie with problem

Bet you never heard that before.
Well yah I'm a newbie. Just bought my first RV it's a 2004 Monoco Sigunature 45 ft. We took it for a test run. It is our first trip in the RV. We are headed to Colorado next weekend to ride RZR's around Silverton. We thought we should go and try to learn all the systems before our big trip. And checked it out to make sure everything works.
OK guys here's where I need help. We got everything hooked up. City water, elect, sewer. But I have no water in the shower. We have water hot and cold water in the sinks, ice maker, water to stool. Just nothing in the shower.
What am I missing? When I shut off the city water and go to 12 volt pump I still have no water in shower. I called the previous owner he said ne never used city water only the water tank and had no problems with the shower.
HELP and Thanks
Okie pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2015, 05:35 PM   #2

Water in shower.

There is a manifold of your plumbing in lower bay. I assume water is turned of there.
37’ Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31549 /tag
Oregon NW Coast
Jstoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:40 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Jim,
I checked the manifold everything appears to be in the on position. All are horizontal with the key. I have also taken the hose off the shower to see if it was clogged. Any more thoughts.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:40 PM   #4

The shower usually has a water pause or cut off on the shower head itself to help save water. So there are three valves, two to control the hot and cold water and one to stop and start the flow of water out of the shower head.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:40 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Turn on the shower. Inside your water hook-up area start turning on valves until you hear the DW screaming that you now have shower water. With a 2004 coach it has to have had shower water before. Something is just not turned on.

We have never had a shower water shut off valve. Makes no sense to me but hey it's got to be there.

TeJAy
Old 08-02-2015, 05:50 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Yah that's what has me stumped. There has got to be another valve, on/off or something. All the manifold valves are in the on position and the water in the shower is in the middle/ warm position and the hose is off going to the shower head. Still nothing.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:52 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie pilot View Post
Yah that's what has me stumped. There has got to be another valve, on/off or something. All the manifold valves are in the on position and the water in the shower is in the middle/ warm position and the hose is off going to the shower head. Still nothing.
Turn the valves in the water bay labeled shower off. They may be backwards. I know mine confused me at first. I turned them all on and nothing worked. I finally turned them off and they were on. At least thats what it looked like.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:20 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Jerry just tried that. At least the ones labeled shower. No luck. Thanks though.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:45 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie pilot View Post
Jerry just tried that. At least the ones labeled shower. No luck. Thanks though.
My Beaver was made by Monaco so I'll add that in my water bay are a specific valve for all cold and hot water faucets in the RV including the outside one. On the back it's just a big daisy chain kind of thing so if one is getting water all of them are. As long as the valve is on, you should have water at the shower head. The only way that is not happening is if the valve on the shower itself is bad. If one pipe or the other was pinched off you would still get the other, hot or cold at the shower. I see you have the shower valve in the middle. As was mentioned above, there is always, in my experience, a separate valve on the actual shower valve that allows you to shut off the water without adjusting the temp again. This allows you to take a Navy type shower. Are you sure this one is on? I got nothing else Brother! Let us know if you find it. Good luck!!!
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:54 PM   #10

You might try removing the handle and the decorative bezel and then smacking the shower valve with a hammer and screwdriver. Your shower valve is probably made by Moen and there is a mixing valve behind a large plug that sticks. Mine had no hot water and that was the reason. Moen told me to remove the valve and drop it on the floor a couple of times and that fixed it. Try calling Moen and they will explain it to you.
Steve

Steve and Jill
2005 Panther
23' Trailer
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags