Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #43

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I don't even own a "donut"! I have a Blue Line connector that screws in to the threads on the drain.
I don't understand what you are saying here, is the "donut" not a good thing? It seems to be a universal fit. Is the screw in connector better?

After I got the donut I did notice the threaded connectors but was unsure if one would fit at ALL places I will need to dump at. Have you ever been to a site where the threaded connector did not fit the dump connection?

I admit I am new to owning an RV and by no means an expert. I do appreciate your input!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapTaz View Post
I don't understand what you are saying here, is the "donut" not a good thing? It seems to be a universal fit. Is the screw in connector better?

After I got the donut I did notice the threaded connectors but was unsure if one would fit at ALL places I will need to dump at. Have you ever been to a site where the threaded connector did not fit the dump connection?

I admit I am new to owning an RV and by no means an expert. I do appreciate your input!
I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing but I don't carry one any longer either. The vast majority of parks we've found to have threaded fittings and, yes, I do believe they provide a much more secure connection. And, secure is a very good thing.

We're currently in the NE and have just come down from a few weeks in Canada and have found several parks where threaded fittings are not present. In those cases I use heavy rocks to hold the hose in place while dumping.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #45

Hey Turbine Guy, are you from Scenectady, NY?
Old 09-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #46

If and when you get to the end of all those checklists, and are just about to start the engine and head off for your first extended trip, bang the top of your head about 50 times with your hand, each time saying "I am NOT on vacation" and "We have no set timetable"

You will likely have to repeat the process every day for a week or two until it finally sinks in that you are in your home and don't have to go anywhere or any direction if you don't want to.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgc44a
Hey Turbine Guy, are you from Scenectady, NY?
I've been there many, many times; great area. My bosses had offices there and I was in frequently to work with them. I did leave that group some years ago and spent a few years in a turbine repair shop in Dallas, TX. I now work for a utility in Western Michigan, really enjoying this. We are looking forward to exploring more of MI, there are a ton of great places to see here.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #48

My 2 cents worth....When the TV antenna is cranked up I tie a red cloth sash to the crank handle as an added reminder that the antenna is up. DW and I will also do this for any vents (Fantastic Fan) that are open too. Though OP has truck driving experience, I also had 3 inches to my rigs height (12'3" to 12'6") as an added height precaution. After that I agree with the posts that preach, ROUTINE, ROUTINE, ROUTINE.....
Old 09-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
If and when you get to the end of all those checklists, and are just about to start the engine and head off for your first extended trip, bang the top of your head about 50 times with your hand, each time saying "I am NOT on vacation" and "We have no set timetable"

You will likely have to repeat the process every day for a week or two until it finally sinks in that you are in your home and don't have to go anywhere or any direction if you don't want to.
Hmmmm. Some of us ARE on vacation and DO have a set timetable!!

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbies