Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #15
Welcome to IRV2. I traded my 30 ft cruiser for my 40 ft winnebago land yacht a year ago and have never looked back!

Ruddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #16
Newmar Owners Club
Originally Posted by FormerBoater View Post
I live in Fort Lauderdale, currently traveling but will be back next week.

Would be glad to take you out to the storage facility where I keep the
Eagle. Once I get my air pressure sensors replaced (alarm stays on constantly) we can even go for a spin on one of my exercise the coach runs.

My knowledge base is limited to diesels, but you should have some diesel exposure as you start gathering information about what you eventually will purchase IMHO.

Just send me a PM.
I am also looking at getting an RV, I live in Miramar. The guys at North trail run when they see me, I haunt that place... I have test drove a Newmar DSDP 4018, but have no idea what others ride like. I'll buy the first round (after you take us for a spin) Would love to meet you. I just sent you a PM.

Originally Posted by WildRV View Post
For those asking specs On our RV of choice...

We are looking at the 2014 Bounder 36E.
The power plant is a 6.8 Liter Triton V10 362 Hp with the Ford 5 Speed Automatic with overdrive. The chassis is the Ford Workhorse chassis.

Let me know if I can supply any other information.

Hey Wilder, we can compare notes as well, I have been researching for almost a year. Let's see if we can meet up. I just sent you a PM.

Frank (RVM88), Lourdes, ChiChi and Coco!
Newmar 2016 DSDP 4381, 2016 Jeep Sahara Unlimited, Blue Ox Alladin Towbar with SMI Air Force One[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FRasco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by WildRV View Post
The chassis is the Ford Workhorse chassis.
Just so you are aware Ford and Workhorse were two separate chassis makes and the manufacturer of Workhorse is no longer in business.
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:45 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Just an observation. Don't be surprised if your needs/wants evolve over time. We started with a small 24ft class C. Didn't really think we would be into "camping" - bought it more for an escape vehicle for hurricanes with our dogs. Well, after a couple of "outings" - decided to quit our hobby of ocean cruises and start RV'ing. That lead to the purchase of a 36ft diesel pusher. Now the decision to live in our "rv" half time (or 3/5 ths) time has lead us to ordering a 44 ft all electric - real land yacht! So, just remember, this first purchase might not be your last!!!
Lynn & Dan Hochradel, & fur kid Carl
2015 Entegra Anthem 44B, Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:56 AM   #19
You said that you visited North Trails........La Mesa is another RV dealer nearby and you have Lazy Days up in Seffner Fl...Largest dealer in these here parts...you get to see them all, new and used.
corjaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:42 AM   #20
Lazy days is a great place to shop. You only need an appointment if you want a salesman. I went there often in my early "Tire Kicking" days and was never hassled. They were very happy to let me move around the lot at my own pace untill i was ready to discuss business. This was very important step towards making a decision. Good luck and follow your heart. You will know the right rig when you see and feel it.

Robert & Jana Stanton... Birthing a 20..something CornerStone 44B

Robert & Jana + fur baby rescues...Jimmie,Pepper,Pixie
2015 Entegra Anthem 44B
RRDefector is offline   Reply With Quote

newbie, newbies