Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #1

Newby in New Mexico

Hello ALL.
We have been vintage Airstream trailer people for 14 years. Sold the 79 a year ago and just purchased a PERFECT time capsule 78 Landau total BARN FIND! Got er home last eve and am now checking all the systems. The orig. owner just had it serviced from bumper to bumper doing things like having the fuel tanks removed and cleaned etc! He was soo worried about little things like a cord on one of the roman shades needing attention and that is EXACTLY why I buy em from the orig. owners! Maiden voyage this weekend to a Rodeo in Santa Fe and then off to the west coast in a month.
AlanTbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome from Las Vegas, the Nevada one. We travel via I-40 through New Mexico most of the time on our trips to and from Texas. We love the Albuquerque area and it would be high on my list of new locations should we decide to move out of Vegas.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #3

We moved here 3 years ago after 10 YEARS in Phoenix and I refused to do another summer there! Belen is a small town of 7000! PERFECT! We opened up a fabric shop and its been a BLAST!
Love having 3 seasons again and the food here is WAY better than AZ. I now even enjoy green chili!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yeah, I do know about the heat in Phoenix. Was stationed at Luke for three years. As we didn't want to sell the house here, we lived in our 23' 1988 Toyato Dolphin mini class C in Avondale and Tolleson while we were there.

VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanTbird View Post
Hello ALL.
We have been vintage Airstream trailer people for 14 years. Sold the 79 a year ago and just purchased a PERFECT time capsule 78 Landau total BARN FIND! Got er home last eve and am now checking all the systems. The orig. owner just had it serviced from bumper to bumper doing things like having the fuel tanks removed and cleaned etc! He was soo worried about little things like a cord on one of the roman shades needing attention and that is EXACTLY why I buy em from the orig. owners! Maiden voyage this weekend to a Rodeo in Santa Fe and then off to the west coast in a month.
Welcome and glad you found a new Toy to Travel in. We love New Mexico too. My Dad was from Trinidad, Co but my Mom was from Las Vegas, New Mexico. We retired to Southen Arizona from California. We are about 70 miles South East of Tucson at about 4700 ft. so we get some of the 3 seasons but just enough for us. We are in a Farming Community off the 10 at the 191 highway exit and about 20 miles down that road. We Love the Green Chili too and plan to stop in Hatch, NM on our way back from Up state New York in September.
Tractor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Welcome to the forum from Silver City. As you know, we aren't too far from you. Up here at 6000', we have the advantage of cooler summers, but colder winters. All things considered, New Mexico has several advantages over the higher cost-of-living states around us. With average utility bills of $100/Mo. and Annual Property taxes of $390, very low state income tax, can't complain too much. Small town living isn't for everyone, but it doesn't bother us. And very good food as you noted. We love the Mom and Pop restaurants. Hatch isn't too far away, and we love Green Chili. Contact us if you are in the area. Happy travels.
Radarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:38 PM   #7

We have customers that come from silver city! I found broken water pipes today that the seller will have repaired but I have to scrap my weekend rodeo plans :(
Looking for a decent RV service place...found one in Bosque Farms thats about a 20 min drive unless anyone here knows of a place to refer?