Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2019, 02:14 PM   #1

Newell Coach 1421

Hello Group,

I have been reading articles, opinions and advice as well as personal views of this forum for almost 2 years. I find it very helpful and informative and a wonderful respectful forum that i have decided to join..

My question is a specific one about a specific coach.
We are ( might ) be interested in a newell coach 1421 red and white some call
( the bordello coach ) that i have read in one of the blogs. We are wondering if anyone knows any information good or bad about this coach that can help us make a decision and evaluation. We know that the coach is for sale for a good while and seems to have several owners that don't keep the coach for long periods and we are wondering why. Spoke top present seller and got different versions of stories from 2 different people ( representatives ) does any one know of any problems of this coach + how much it sold in the past..

Any information and help is greatly appreciated
Thank you very much and a wonderful day to all of yous
albert70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2019, 02:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert70 View Post
Hello Group,

I have been reading articles, opinions and advice as well as personal views of this forum for almost 2 years. I find it very helpful and informative and a wonderful respectful forum that i have decided to join..

My question is a specific one about a specific coach.
We are ( might ) be interested in a newell coach 1421 red and white some call
( the bordello coach ) that i have read in one of the blogs. We are wondering if anyone knows any information good or bad about this coach that can help us make a decision and evaluation. We know that the coach is for sale for a good while and seems to have several owners that don't keep the coach for long periods and we are wondering why. Spoke top present seller and got different versions of stories from 2 different people ( representatives ) does any one know of any problems of this coach + how much it sold in the past..

Any information and help is greatly appreciated
Thank you very much and a wonderful day to all of yous

Join Newell Gurus and ask on that forum.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:30 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I found these posts on Newell #1421.

#1421 2011 For Sale
1421 is the very red Newell. Now I noticed it had a nickname in previous posts. Was that because of its actually history, or just its appearance?
And, did it really have big changes, like nude lady statue previously, and now removed? I am not sure if I am just not in on a joke ....

Just the appearance. It was originally very gaudy inside with tassels on the valences, gold leafing on the columns and the nude in the back. Very Victorian and no doubt very expensive but with a limited resale market. All that has been removed and it is now much more sedate throughout.

#1421 SOLD
#1421 has just be listed on RVTrader for $699,000 with 60,000 miles. The interior appears to have been redone since the last time it was advertised.
Quad slide, 650 HP Cummins ISX, Allision 6 speed
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:21 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
If I had interest I would get the serial number for the engine and check with Cummins for past work that may have been done. There are known expensive repair issues with that motor. Hopefully it has been updated with the latest version of valves and head design

Good luck!
Chargerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:33 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
If I had interest I would get the serial number for the engine and check with Cummins for past work that may have been done. There are known expensive repair issues with that motor. Hopefully it has been updated with the latest version of valves and head design

Good luck!
So true! I'll be close to $50,000 in engine repairs in four years on my ISX 650 when done at Coburg. Right now it's at Cummins in Coburg for a new head, liners and pistons. No word on the turbo yet.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:28 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

All Newells are custom made to the original owners requirements, so individual coaches vary a lot in style, layout and equipment. Folks with enough $$ for a Newell can afford to indulge their whims, and can afford to buy one for relatively short term use and then re-sell. Maybe a year long tour of the USA, or a season or two on the Nascar circuit. ANECDOTE: a few years ago I talked with a fellow who pulled in with a gorgeous red Marathon Prevost. He was an Alabama graduate and he bought it primarily to go to Crimson Tide football games.

As for the history of this one, vito did some research for you.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:10 AM   #7

newell 1421

Thank you all for your responses. I have called cummins with the engine serial number . What they do have registered serviced by them is in 2012 engine cooler was replaced and they told me that the coach 1421 has not been serviced by them since but could have been serviced by other mechanics do to out of warranty.I also found out that this coach 1421 has a 2009 cummins engine and through other searches i found out that those years cummins had a lot of issues with those engines isx15 650hp.
Also spoke to newell and last service they have done is in 2015the coach had 43 913 miles .They also at that same time did repair work on the rear fibreglass bumper that was damaged. The paint is not original because originally it came with bangs on the from and sides of the coach and since then it has been removed. Just wanted to share what i know and thank everyone for their responses. We will not go forward with this coach based on why this coach was for sale so many times. newell at 1 250 000 then fred green motorhome finders had it at 749 000 42 000miles,holland michigan 795 000 with 43 403 miles, james thompson at legacy coach inc had it at 599 000 with 46 664 miles, pittsburgh,ks at 699000 with 60 000 miles and know at gilbert ( premium coach) at 599 000 then lowered to 525 000 with 64 886 ,miles. It seems that for some reason this coach hasn't found a buyer that is pleased with the purchase. The search continues.
albert70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:14 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Premium Coach Group in Gilbert is an excellent dealer. They take pride in the coaches they sell.

Another source for Newell as well as other high end coaches is The Motorcoach Store in FL.
https://www.themotorcoachstore.com/u...a-fl--showroom

Hope this helps.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote