Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2017, 12:23 PM   #15

When and if the day comes we trade again, it will either be another American Coach or a Newell.
My husband is already eye balling Newells. LOL

Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2017, 12:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondiega1 View Post
When and if the day comes we trade again, it will either be another American Coach or a Newell.
My husband is already eye balling Newells. LOL
Just don't let him go to Miami,OK to kick some tires. Might be a very expensive trip.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
Just don't let him go to Miami,OK to kick some tires. Might be a very expensive trip.
Oh he's been! My father in law has a Newell and he's taking it to the factory for service for him.
High dollar motorcoaches also have high dollar repairs! lol

Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Some dealers do this as well, even with used coaches.

We purchased a 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire DP three years ago from Midtown RV in Penticton, BC, Canada. They have a number of full service sites on their lot and they invited us to park there as long as it took to learn how everything worked. If we had any questions or found something not working they put a tech on it right away. My wife took our toad back home after 2 days while I stayed their for four days. It was easy to see why they are Canada's highest volume Newmar dealer even though they are located in a small town of only 34,000 with the closest large city 200 miles away.

There super service is the reason I travel almost 250 miles to get service work done.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:20 PM   #19

FYI,factory axle ratings are often over LEGAL LOAD LIMITS. there is a difference.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:55 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBS-POPS View Post
FYI,factory axle ratings are often over LEGAL LOAD LIMITS. there is a difference.
Yes and No. It seems that most states exempt RV's from the 20,000 single and 34,000 tandem/tag axle limits or at least they do not enforce it. Almost all of the high end luxury coaches are over those limits and they keep building them. I think the logic is that there are so few on the road that they have little or no effect on the road surface itself. If it was enforced, there would be no more Newells, Prevost conversions and possibly some Foretravels produced.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:21 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_H View Post
Some dealers do this as well, even with used coaches.

We purchased a 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire DP three years ago from Midtown RV in Penticton, BC, Canada. They have a number of full service sites on their lot and they invited us to park there as long as it took to learn how everything worked. If we had any questions or found something not working they put a tech on it right away. My wife took our toad back home after 2 days while I stayed their for four days. It was easy to see why they are Canada's highest volume Newmar dealer even though they are located in a small town of only 34,000 with the closest large city 200 miles away.

There super service is the reason I travel almost 250 miles to get service work done.
I think this is what the OP is speaking to. It is the dealers responsibility to make sure you are thrilled with your purchase and understand all of the systems. Finding the right dealer is everything! There are good dealers out there and others are just a joke! Price should only be key if all other things are created equal! I've been through a few dealers and the difference is everything, certainly worth paying for! Because after the sale, where are you going to go to get it fixed?
2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:40 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I've been to the Newell factory in Miami, OK to get a part...for a 5th wheel. The coaches are all custom built and most of the names on the board over the receptionist's desk were race car drivers.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:44 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Tell your son, congrads! I for one would sure like to see some picture's of it!
Can you post some so we can see what we are talking about?
Old 05-25-2017, 05:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Tell your son, congrads! I for one would sure like to see some picture's of it!
Can you post some so we can see what we are talking about?
I haven't seen it yet. they are doing their trial camping in Branson. He just texted that camp was setup and Happy Hour had begun.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:54 PM   #25

One more thing to note. Some problems will not present until some miles have been put on the coach. Things like loose connections or ones that come loose. Items that vibrate and result in damage, etc.

This is just a reminder that just because it works right now does not mean it is installed or built correctly.

Tom
Old 05-25-2017, 06:01 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
Yes and No. It seems that most states exempt RV's from the 20,000 single and 34,000 tandem/tag axle limits or at least they do not enforce it. Almost all of the high end luxury coaches are over those limits and they keep building them. I think the logic is that there are so few on the road that they have little or no effect on the road surface itself. If it was enforced, there would be no more Newells, Prevost conversions and possibly some Foretravels produced.
It's not enforced more than exempt as rvs are not required to drive over the scales. The whole industry would be turned upside down if they would make it so!!! Calif CHP is starting to hit the toyhaulers in certain areas (glamis,pismo) for weight and drivers license requirement.
DMV is starting to check drivers license for registration of vehicles. My buddies new fifth wheel has a gvw of 15500# and when he took it in for registration (bought in oregon) they checked his license!!! We both have class a.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:25 AM   #27

Newell Coach Delivery

IMHO, the most frustrating post-delivery issues are with "toy" providers. Shade motors. Laptop-based widget controllers, gizmos that fail early due to cost-reduced parts that are critical to quality and customer satisfaction, on and on!
NONE of today's rigs are immune. MANY of the rigs gone by had very few frustrations equal to junk chunks critical to the function of otherwise good stuff that were nearly flawless in design in previous decades.
Ahhhh. There's the rub!
I love my used chariot. I also admire the top-of-the-line stuff. But, with the constant demand for the finest, greatest, latest toys, it is not possible to apply the principles of statistical process control as it is in the auto industry.
Crasher, be proud of your son and his accomplishments, and may he have few issues. I look forward to updates!
Just my view from the saddle

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:38 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The best coaches out there new or used are the one's with a clear title, bought and paid for by their respective owners irrespective of the make/model/yr. We all have our separate wants & desires.

Congrats on the purchase of the Newell.

NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote