Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #1

Newmar Atwood Leveler

Have trouble with left front leveler, On a 2011 Newmar ventana. Red and Green light flashing. Jacks don't work at all. Atwood was NO help. Newmar NEVER has helped. Was just told that the system had to be replaced costing $5,000. Anyone have any ideas?
Inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge View Post
Have trouble with left front leveler, On a 2011 Newmar ventana. Red and Green light flashing. Jacks don't work at all. Atwood was NO help. Newmar NEVER has helped. Was just told that the system had to be replaced costing $5,000. Anyone have any ideas?
I'm having the same problem and was told the same thing. It seems with thousands of those units out there, someone would offer a replacement control board.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:02 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Had this problem with our 2011 Ventana last year. Dave at Midway RV was a big help and got us fixed.
soundsuperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsuperio View Post
Had this problem with our 2011 Ventana last year. Dave at Midway RV was a big help and got us fixed.
That was the first place we called. He confirmed the control board was bad and no replacement is available. That was backed up by Atwood.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:28 AM   #5

Thanks

Looks like I'm out $5,000 for a new leveling system. 👎🏻😡
Inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:09 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

From the numerous problem reports I've seen, I would conclude that the Atwood LeveLegs electric jack system was crap from the get-go and they seem to have discontinued it.

I see some Atwood jacks available, but not any circuit boards. You might try an RV salvage yard such as Visione or Colaws - they may have some salvaged from a wrecked rig.
RV Components USED RV PARTS ATWOOD LEVELEG ELECTRIC LEVELING JACK 66302 FOR SALE Leveling Jacks | ATWOOD, WHERE TO BUY ATWOOD ELECTRIC LEVELING JACKS/LEVELEGS, EBAYÜSED RV/MOTORHOME PARTS, SALVAGE, RV SERVICE, RV RENTALS | visonerv.com
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:16 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Me too. Replaced the system last fall. Newmar...system $2500, installation was $1500 at Newmar dealer.

Even Dinosaur Electronics did not have or could not rebuild the board.
What a garage business opportunity if I had a EE degree!!!
Old 04-13-2017, 05:47 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
5 yr old coach and the supplier can't furnish parts? That's totally unacceptable to me. I now know to stay away from anything with an Atwood leveling system.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:39 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Seems like individual switches to the jacks could be installed and then manually operated. Find a friend with a automatic system and watch how the jacks operate in pairs and then do the same thing manually. It would take a hot to each jack and a three way switch to reverse the polarity for up and down.
Might be a good project for some DIYer.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:22 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkesselus View Post
Seems like individual switches to the jacks could be installed and then manually operated. Find a friend with a automatic system and watch how the jacks operate in pairs and then do the same thing manually. It would take a hot to each jack and a three way switch to reverse the polarity for up and down.

Might be a good project for some DIYer.

Just be aware, the system is more complicated than this. When mine failed I had them just disconnect the horn alarm. Which they did. As they backed it out of the garage, the system air dumped. Kid backing it out got real big eyed.
Took them half a day to figure out how to isolate and install a manual dump switch, so we could use the rig without a leveling system
Old 04-15-2017, 09:00 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to irv2.
Below in my signature are links for your Newmar , in the TECH INFO link you willfind info on the Atwood system.
One problem with them was they had poor ground connections for jack operation and if coach has been through a lot of salty road conditions may need to take apart items for cleaning.
I would check things out before spending the money until its necessary.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atwood, newmar