Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by tcoopman View Post
I have had two Newmar Essex and have found the slide-outs a nightmare in both. I can also say the slide-outs were the least of my problems, particularly in the 2013. I never though any coach could have so many problems. It was in the shop 1/4th of the time I owned it.
Strange? Your first post, you joined in Sept. of 2013. Never a request for assistance on the forum in regards to your many problems with Newmar's Essex. You have owned two Essex,s ? Trouble with number one yet you purchased a second Essex? do you still own a Newmar product? How was your warranty experience with Newmar tech's? Im very curious as we looking at the new LA but also am skeptical regarding the use of FL chassis. How was your experience with FL or was your chassis a K2 or K3? Thanks for your assistance an input.

Clay & Pebble.. Miss Butter our sweet Goldie (Jan. 2005-Jan. 2015) Sissy our Border Collie
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2014, 09:51 PM   #30
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Zen...very Zen.

alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #31
The first Essex 2007 was purchased used and did have a few problems, but I was able to resolve all of them on my own. I learned a lot. One of the issues that was a challenge was the dash A/C. Newmar and their technicians were absolutely no help!!! Until (6 service visits and $5,600 later)....I finally found a A/C tech who knew how to resolve the issue. This was a problem with too high of a pressure switch for 3 years (2007, 2008, 2009). When I confronted Newmar with the solution they suddenly told me they knew of the problem, but not until I had exhausted all my attempts with them. We purchased a 2013 with the full-wall slide thinking we would be mostly problem free and be backed with a year of warranty. We didn't leave the dealership for over 3 weeks. One problem after another. Immediately after leaving we had one issue after another. Finally we left it at at Newmar in Nappanee for a month. The day I left there were 3 unresolved issues. Oh, and by the way, we had an electrical fire and were down for a week. We lost several components in the coach besides 2 transfer switches. Several issues were NEVER resolved so we ended up selling the coach back to Newmar. Funny, they can build a coach, but can't seem to fix it. I realize the do have attractive coaches and many are built well. If you end up with a LEMON like we did, it is likely never going to get resolved. They treated us like we were just a couple of whiners. One of their techs looked at two of the problems (camera problems, Auto Genset, and walked out saying he couldn't find the problem. No other assistance!!! I've been told by several Newmar owners, "Never bring your coach to Newmar to have fixed. Go to a dealer where they know what their doing." Our biggest concern was the entire body of the coach moved excessively. If you want photos and videos (I showed Newmar Executives and the Service Manager), let me know.
tcoopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Geez, you apparently had a lot of issues. Not good. I've heard that Newmar went up and above to serve their customers especially at the Essex level! So your saying they never fixed your camera or AGS? "We ended up selling the coach back to Newmar." Could you please elaborate on this transaction. I've never heard of this or knew it possible. Thank you.
Clay & Pebble.. Miss Butter our sweet Goldie (Jan. 2005-Jan. 2015) Sissy our Border Collie
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:53 PM   #33
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
This could have been your problem with the dash AC.
You may have found out more in this forum from people that might have experience your same problems.
People have found this thread helpful also.

These people seem pretty happy with their service at Newmar, another happy owner.
When you pay the money for these coach's you should get the service especially at the service center where most Newmar owners go for it and that would include your ESSEX you have now.
98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans, now in good hands
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:21 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
I have to say, as prospective owner of one of these two, I try to read everything I can about them. I was once interested in a couple of the extinct brands, but they are getting a little older than what I am looking for. I try to take each forum as a body of work, with less emphasis on individual complaints or successes. It is not exactly scientific, but more of a gut feeling, and it seems like one of them is trending in the wrong direction over the last few months.

Scotty and Kristen, Airedales Dagny and Wyatt
2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 4528, 450 HP ISM, Allison 4000, 8 Trojan T-105's
2014 F150 4x4 Crew Cab Platinum 157" WB
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is online now   Reply With Quote