Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2015, 04:48 PM   #127

Hi Willandjane,

With the nexus Bentley RV, being factory direct, is there any room for negotiation on the price, or is the price the price no matter what.

regards

ginner
ginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2015, 05:03 PM   #128

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Sounds like you are very happy with your new Bentley! After doing a little more research, the thing I really like about the Newmar - a full wall slide out - may be the thing that turns me against it. I really like the way it opens up the rear of the coach. But now that I have read all the problems that come with such a big slide out, I think I'm going to pass on the Newmar. It is important to me to have as trouble-free of an experience as possible! So I can see why Nexus decided to go with 4 small slides rather than 2 on one side and 1 giant one on the other. I think it's going to be the Bentley for me, as well! Cheers.
It's not the size of the slide that is always the problem its which slide system is installed. What slide system does nexus use ?? Just from the pics it looks like schwintek.
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner View Post
Hi Willandjane,

With the nexus Bentley RV, being factory direct, is there any room for negotiation on the price, or is the price the price no matter what.

regards

ginner
I am don't believe NeXus will negotiate on the base price, however you do have a chance with your options keeping in mind that they do build your dreams so if you have something in mind that you want to add perhaps that you have seen on another coach....those prices can be negotiated. We got a couple of freebies.

WDK
WillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:22 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
It's not the size of the slide that is always the problem its which slide system is installed. What slide system does nexus use ?? Just from the pics it looks like schwintek.
NeXus does use the schwintek system....I don't know what is best for the price but I do know that either schwintek is now using or NeXus has requested that instead of aluminum they are using streel tracks and they believe this will solve the problems they have had in the past. I do think however the size and weight of the slide is part of the majority of the problems.

WDK
Old 11-01-2015, 09:42 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRex45 View Post
WDK

I / we would love to see the contents of your punch list. Any chance you could post it?
The issues though not so major unless you are anal like me have been....first the chassis from Freightlinner was shipped with the steering wheel being at 10 and 4 on the clock as straight...and the gas pedal being a little crooked in my opinion. That was redrilled to my comfort and the steering corrected by Freightlinner so that the Freightlinner logo is at 9 and 3 when I am rolling straight as well as adjusted the airbag inflation....in their opinion NeXus had adjusted it to ride to high......now it feels wonderful. A receptacle in one of my bays has no power. Still pending. The onboard vacuum cleaner was not working....the shut off ring was missing...fixed. The front AC "chassis" is not charged "no freon or what ever they are using now days"...still pending. My satellite dish does not play through the outside TV ....expecting a call from NeXus....and various nuts bolts and screws not tightened.....I am fixing those I find.

There is where I am at right now.

WDK
Old 12-30-2015, 12:30 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillandJane View Post
The issues though not so major unless you are anal like me have been....first the chassis from Freightlinner was shipped with the steering wheel being at 10 and 4 on the clock as straight...and the gas pedal being a little crooked in my opinion. That was redrilled to my comfort and the steering corrected by Freightlinner so that the Freightlinner logo is at 9 and 3 when I am rolling straight as well as adjusted the airbag inflation....in their opinion NeXus had adjusted it to ride to high......now it feels wonderful. A receptacle in one of my bays has no power. Still pending. The onboard vacuum cleaner was not working....the shut off ring was missing...fixed. The front AC "chassis" is not charged "no freon or what ever they are using now days"...still pending. My satellite dish does not play through the outside TV ....expecting a call from NeXus....and various nuts bolts and screws not tightened.....I am fixing those I find.

There is where I am at right now.

WDK
It's been a while since I have updated anything.....the ride, still wonderful, my washer though has nothing to do with NeXus, a Splendide model won't rinse.....does everything else....it will be fixed or replaced after the holidays. I am having a slide roller issue in the dinete slide....it's not scuffing the floor but it's not right and at present we are doing without pushing it out. Parts are due in after the holidays as well. The receptacle that I said had no powers was switched. A misunderstand steered me away from suspecting that the switch in the bedroom....ie engine block warmer turns on the receptacle in the power bay and is used to turn on the heater when the block heater is plugged in....I thought the heater, mounted at the block was hard wired to that switch. The outside TV was not getting satellite because of a bad connection though I discarded that and ran an HDMI cable down the cable tray and into the slide for the outside TV HDMI one of three inputs and put a splitter at my sat box output.....perfect picture to my eyes, much better than the coax. All else is quite well.....we are experiencing temps into the high 20's where I am in sunny southern Ca....not Minnesota by no means but have found that the fireplace heater does an excellent job warming the living room all by itself to 72 degrees ...the heat pump above 42 degrees works perfectly as do the two propane heaters. Once in a while the on demand water heater temp button will trip....much the same as the occasional tiny button on the frig propane board did on my Georgetown.....I don't know why yet....however, it works and it works great....I only wish it had a dual option of using electricity.

WDK

Tags
diesel