Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2015, 05:41 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillandJane View Post
.....Our day began with Nate our contact these past 4 months holding our hands all the way through this purchase, picking us up from the airport hotel some 30 miles away and bringing us to the factory where we first met the owners and some of the staff. We then saw her for the first time in a private show room where we got a chance to look her over at our leisure before Steve the service manager gave us a pretty good walk through with opportunities over the next 3 days to go over anything we need more instruction on. After that came the paper work, sitting down with Kim whom walked us through the process with ease. We continued pouring over our new purchase and of course then came the punch list of minor things thus far, some of which was taken care of as we spoke. Other things to include the fabricating of a new plate under the drivers side seat to moving it forward to accommodate my short frame making my sitting behind the wheel more comfortable will be taken care of tomorrow. Get that from a dealer. The day came to a close with us sitting in front of the fireplace basking in the glow.....

WDK
Congratulations Will & Jane, your new coach looks stunning! Sounds like great service from the Nexus team. Phil & I are so pleased for you--and we are so looking forward to see the Bentley at the Hershey show next week. Please keep us posted ( yes, your post was the first thing I did this morning!&#128522. Happy trails
Mae

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2015, 06:09 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSully View Post
Congratulations Will & Jane, your new coach looks stunning! Sounds like great service from the Nexus team. Phil & I are so pleased for you--and we are so looking forward to see the Bentley at the Hershey show next week. Please keep us posted ( yes, your post was the first thing I did this morning!&#128522. Happy trails
Mae
....the troops are lining up right now to leave Friday evening for Pa.....the Bentley I am not sure where it's coming from however..... Ours is the only one finished here at the moment but I can post the next one to be finished as soon as it gets light out....it's red.

WDK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	106383  

Old 09-09-2015, 07:59 AM   #73

Hi Will and Jane,

Absolutely thrilled for you. Nate is the guy I've dealt with on the phone as well! LOL Will, I'm 5' 6" in height. Am I likely to need that plate you were talking about?

Really wish we could go to Hershey to meet up. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

CONGRATS again!!! Keep the pics coming!

Jim
Old 09-09-2015, 01:16 PM   #74

Quote:
....the troops are lining up right now to leave Friday evening for Pa.....the Bentley I am not sure where it's coming from however..... Ours is the only one finished here at the moment but I can post the next one to be finished as soon as it gets light out....it's red.

WDK
Yahoo! & thanks!
Old 09-09-2015, 01:38 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtek View Post
Hi Will and Jane,

Absolutely thrilled for you. Nate is the guy I've dealt with on the phone as well! LOL Will, I'm 5' 6" in height. Am I likely to need that plate you were talking about?

Really wish we could go to Hershey to meet up. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

CONGRATS again!!! Keep the pics coming!

Jim
No Jim, you won't need the plate modified......well I take that back.....from this point on, the original weld for the seat plate is being moved 5 inches up.....unless your exceptional tall, and I am 5'5" by the way.....you should be able to power the seat back far enough but moving it forward all the way, I was still about a foot from where I needed to be to drive the coach comfortably.

WDK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	106411  
Old 09-09-2015, 06:29 PM   #76

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
CONGRATS on your new coach! This may be the first time we've heard of someone with a coach providing "too much" legroom Happy to know Nexus was able to accommodate your needs without you having to start a fuss.

I'm thinking there are going to be a lot of buyers liking their business model. Please keep us advised of your ongoing experiences with the new baby.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:06 PM   #77

Quote:
No Jim, you won't need the plate modified......well I take that back.....from this point on, the original weld for the seat plate is being moved 5 inches up.....unless your exceptional tall, and I am 5'5" by the way.....you should be able to power the seat back far enough but moving it forward all the way, I was still about a foot from where I needed to be to drive the coach comfortably.

WDK
Will,
Unless I have the math wrong the new weld location would still leave you 7 inches too far back. No? I like a close driving position. Am I misunderstanding something?

So, how was the first night (and I'never been able to use these words before...) sleeping in your Bentley?? HaHa.

Jim
Old 09-10-2015, 04:53 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtek View Post
Will,
Unless I have the math wrong the new weld location would still leave you 7 inches too far back. No? I like a close driving position. Am I misunderstanding something?

So, how was the first night (and I'never been able to use these words before...) sleeping in your Bentley?? HaHa.

Jim
.....you got your math right so perhaps you might want to do what I did....as you saw, I was in here when they were working on much of my punch list so it was a back and forth conversation on most things on what was wrong....yes the original weld will now be 5 inches forward but in my case, they had me sit in it and they put it where I needed it to be and my seat goes back from there and perhaps a couple inches closer if I need it...total travel is about a foot.

The first night I have to tell you that I did not sleep to well.....still excited about getting in it, the enormity of the purchase not to include the size of this beast as compared to our Georgetown....not so much in feet and inches but that it's just big as my wife says. Couple that with having just sold our beautiful home, we will be having an estate sale in about 3 weeks after we get back to California as if then we will be living in it full time. From there I am going to retire next December so all that is weighing on me and start our travels.....having said that, the second night.....this is Thursday morning....I slept like a baby!!! No noises in the coach, creaking etc....it is solid on its jacks....the back two are positioned across the same but about 3 feet back from each other so unlike my previous...it does not move....it's not perfect by any means and I am no expert but I think it's a good buy.

WDK
Old 09-10-2015, 05:25 AM   #79

.....so far my biggest complaint that cannot be fixed right now as far as their design engineers are concerned and they have been trying to come up with something is that when it's not perfectly level ie, not on its jacks or level ground or with a bias to the front being higher than the back...the condensation drip loop....AC/rain is right over the entry way door, there is one all 4 sides of course. Level it always drips to the rear of the coach. Their solution is to be level all the time or put the door awning out and at least it does not drip on you.....I hate that but I can live with it...

WDK
Old 09-10-2015, 06:06 AM   #80

......if anyone is interested I could write down some things I find interesting.....for example the 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter feeds both the TV's I put in my options and I (have the 2, 100 watt solar panel option) the living room and bedroom...and the receptacles on the sides of the bed....two of them. The residential 4 door refrigerator runs off propane.....using DC of course for the ignighter and the display lights. Boondicking depending on how much you watch TV or you don't spend the time ironing your cloths you should be able to be off shore power or not have to use your generator for quite some time. I have not seen the specs on the TV's yet to give an exact wattage draw. Also the drivers dash display gives your a very extensive check list that you can toggle through which I am thinking is a Freightlinner staple.

PS......I was checking the inverter capabilities while my wife was taking a shower......to put it mildly, the on demand water heater does not work on the inverter....need I say more!

WDK
Old 09-10-2015, 08:33 AM   #81

Winnebago Owners Club
have fun.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:38 AM   #82

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
......if anyone is interested I could write down some things I find interesting...... "...Boondicking depending on how ..."WDK

What is this "boondicking" of which you speak?
Old 09-10-2015, 08:42 AM   #83

Quote:
...need I say more!

WDK
No you don't need to say more. I can only imagine the joy with which the diminishing supply of hot water was greeted!! As to a fix, obviously a larger inverter and possibly more battery? (Remember I do NOT have an RV so I'm only guessing.)

Finally, yes, the more you can document the better about the new home. Like, for example the AC condensate drip would be really irritating and I'm sure that Nexus will come up with a fix.

I have to say I'm really surprised about the whole seating issue. Sure, at 5' 6" most men are taller but the standard arrangement means that a LOT of women will not be able to drive with any degree of comfort and safety.

Jim
Old 09-10-2015, 09:05 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
What is this "boondicking" of which you speak?
.....OOPS 😃.....auto correct and I missed it on spell checking.....there should have been an "o" in there for boondocking!!!

Thanks for catching that.

WDK

Tags
diesel