Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2015, 09:49 AM   #85

.....you got that right....my wife who is not yet comfortable with driving something that big which also included my Georgetown needed to be up as close as I at 5'3" and with the few added nuances like her remember that in this type of diesel, there is no park on the transmission and you must engage the air brake no matter what the transmission indication says so her being comfortable sitting behind the wheel leads to less error like anyone else.

As far as the batteries I did add two and we have 4 total.......inverter wise....I suppose I could add a bigger one to include the water heater but that won't get done anytime soon and that will put a kink into being off the grid but I can live with firing the generator up for an hour once a day.

Once last thing for now as to NeXas trying to accommodate....any shelf that's a solid idea can be mounted or partitioned and they will build it....the main cabinets are built by hand right down the street by the Amish.

WDK

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2015, 10:45 AM   #86

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillandJane View Post

Once last thing for now as to NeXas trying to accommodate....

WDK
WILL: I fully understand your excitement and joy about your new coach, and yes, I know "spelling" isn't a big deal on the internet, but surely you have noticed somewhere on your coach that it is built by Nexus and not NeXas which you continue to post.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:59 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
WILL: I fully understand your excitement and joy about your new coach, and yes, I know "spelling" isn't a big deal on the internet, but surely you have noticed somewhere on your coach that it is built by Nexus and not NeXas which you continue to post.
....true again, I will have to watch that.........thank you......

WDK
Old 09-10-2015, 06:34 PM   #88
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats on the new rig; she's a beauty. I'm curious, though... how does a residential fridge run on propane??

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:38 PM   #89

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
....true again, I will have to watch that.........thank you......

WDK
WDK,

I, for one, don't want the frequency of your postings to be in any way delayed by concerns about spelling or grammar! Type fast!!! I'm hanging on your every post!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:58 PM   #90

Will, Very happy to see you in the coach. I've been watching the posts since you started. It sounds great. Congratulations. If your travels ever take you north to the San Francisco/Sacramento area, drop me a line because I would love to see the coach. We are years away from going full time and use our current coach for pure recreation. The Bentley looks solid and very well equipped. Safe travels from Indiana and hope to hear from you soon.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:17 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Congrats on the new rig; she's a beauty. I'm curious, though... how does a residential fridge run on propane??
.....believe me, I was just as surprised as you are that they are calling it a residential refrigerator......I don't know if that is correct myself but I have trying to find the facts about it on line and thus far Dometic online has been limited. It is their biggest and newest model. NeXus wants to give you a USB drive with all the manuels but will provide it in book form upon request and we will get that tomorrow.

WDK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	106559  
Old 09-10-2015, 09:32 PM   #92
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
.....believe me, I was just as surprised as you are that they are calling it a residential refrigerator......I don't know if that is correct myself but I have trying to find the facts about it on line and thus far Dometic online has been limited. It is their biggest and newest model. NeXus wants to give you a USB drive with all the manuels but will provide it in book form upon request and we will get that tomorrow.

WDK
Oh, OK. Sorry...they can call it what they like, but that is not a residential refrigerator. It's a nice Dometic, though!!

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:40 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by froboy1965 View Post
Will, Very happy to see you in the coach. I've been watching the posts since you started. It sounds great. Congratulations. If your travels ever take you north to the San Francisco/Sacramento area, drop me a line because I would love to see the coach. We are years away from going full time and use our current coach for pure recreation. The Bentley looks solid and very well equipped. Safe travels from Indiana and hope to hear from you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by froboy1965 View Post
.....we were quite impressed with the NeXas Ghost a few years ago at the Pamona RV show but at the time their flag ship was a super C called a Ghost. As nice as it was we had discovered with our class c Sunseeker, the cab is just waisted space that you can't live in.....the chairs won't even turn around to make a cozy living room so it was not for us. We later upgraded to a Class A which gave us the living room and at the time we had not planned to go fulltime.....then came the Bentley.... factory direct we did not spend the $60.000 in dealers fees, shipping and processing etc and it was a diesel so we jumped on it and thus far the experience has been wonderful. We are leaving for Kansas tomorrow and by Monday or Tuesday we start back towards Ca. My daughter lives in Snoma so we are looking at a long weekend soon.....I will let you know....but for now enjoying a good product.

WDK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	106562  
Old 09-10-2015, 10:17 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Oh, OK. Sorry...they can call it what they like, but that is not a residential refrigerator. It's a nice Dometic, though!!
I hoping new technology will surpass that of the previous versions....so far we have ran it off both AC and propane and its performed well.

I always look for the back up potential in these things.....this is my 4th rec vehicle of sorts starting with a 2014 Lance camper. It had AC, DC and a propane option in it for the frig. Something is going to work....at home if your power goes out and you don't have a generator, you may loose food now matter how good your ice brigade is. Though I am glad my home has three bathrooms....going to miss that. I like the fact that I have an on demand water heater which everyone raves about very little maintenance but again....no AC....no shower for me. It's good to have options.

WDK
Old 09-11-2015, 12:01 AM   #95

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I like the fact that I have an on demand water heater which everyone raves about very little maintenance but again....no AC....no shower for me. It's good to have options.
I'd be surprised if the on-demand water heater ONLY ran on 110V electric! Are you sure it doesn't also have a propane option?

Safe travels and hope you continue to enjoy your new home!!!
Old 09-11-2015, 06:45 PM   #96

.....I left the factories parking lot in a pouring rain and then made a u turn right back into their factory garage on top of the weigh scale you have seen in a previous picture. Drivers side window had a leak which did not show its ugly face until we moved. The service manger Steve and a tech jumped right on it....problem solved. We have just completed about 250 miles....the ride is wonderful, quite comfortable ....not being pushed around by the big rigs. Found out they forgot to put windshield wiper fluid in the resouvoir but other than that I not experiencing any problems. Running the tires at 95psi and with no weight on her but what we brought in our suit cases, full tanks all the way around......I am getting about 11 miles to the gallon according to the computer.....moving on!!

WDK
Old 09-11-2015, 06:49 PM   #97

....this model coach does not have an propane option for the on demand water heater. Along the same subject it has a true induction cook top and we went with the convection microwave....of course both AC only.

WDK
Old 09-12-2015, 02:03 AM   #98

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
....this model coach does not have an propane option for the on demand water heater.

WDK
Interesting! Good to know... thanks for clarifying that.

Safe driving!

Tags
diesel