Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-15-2015, 01:43 PM   #113
Senior Member
 
WillandJane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: San Jacinto, CA
Posts: 368
MY FAULT!!!!! I put in a call to the chief service manager, Steve and he got back to me within the hour. I have an energy command center control panel on the inside and a regular start button of course on the gen itself. Having not had time to sit and read the manuel, had I done so, it would have told me that on colder mornings, though you won't hear any cranking sounds, the panel can take up to 90 seconds to start the generator....and it did!!! Having used it at the factory in warmer weather, it was only taking about 10 seconds to start.

We have already ran the AC in some 90 degree weather in Elkhart and I and my wife and the 4 guys working inside on various things were quite happy with it.

WDK
__________________

__________________
WillandJane is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #114
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 123
Congrats on the new coach, been looking at their website a lot. Glade you got the gen all squared away. Best kind of problem, easy fix, user error without doing any damage.
__________________

__________________
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:35 PM   #115
Senior Member
 
WillandJane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: San Jacinto, CA
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
Congrats on the new coach, been looking at their website a lot. Glade you got the gen all squared away. Best kind of problem, easy fix, user error without doing any damage.
Yep, my thoughts exactly...sitting here at the border of Oklahoma and Texas....both AC's running, just vacuumed the floor with the built in vac, about to chow down on some wings and fries and maybe a salad, later get in a a work out, a hot shower and then kick back to see what satellite TV has to offer before going to bed and put behind us another 300 to 400 miles.

WDK
__________________
WillandJane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:14 PM   #116
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 13
Great news Will.
__________________
Mtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:27 PM   #117
Senior Member
 
WillandJane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: San Jacinto, CA
Posts: 368
....still on the road, In Alberqurque, New Mexico.....got a ways to go to get home.....finding little things....I think they should have been caught by quality control but over all I am still quite please and my engine is purring like a kitten and the transmission is matching its out out though NeXus had nothing to do with that.

WDK
__________________
WillandJane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:01 AM   #118
Senior Member
 
WillandJane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: San Jacinto, CA
Posts: 368
....got home safely....taking care of my punch list as well as starting to outfit her for full time which we will be in and doing within the month. Though we won't be truly going on the road for a while....its will be our home and we will use it for short trips as always until retiring within the year.

No new problems observed but as with anything some details in some of the workers stations leave a little to be desire and were missed by quality control. While they may past most musters.....I am a perfectionist.....electrical back ground and my standards are pretty high though not unreasonable.

WDK
__________________
WillandJane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:52 AM   #119
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 13
Hi Will,

Glad you got home safely. Any idea what fuel consumption was like?

Jim
__________________
Mtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:18 AM   #120
Senior Member
 
WillandJane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: San Jacinto, CA
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtek View Post
Hi Will,

Glad you got home safely. Any idea what fuel consumption was like?

Jim
Thank you Jim, the on board computer said that on one leg of my trip I got as high as 11 and the lowest was 9.1.

WDK
__________________
WillandJane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 11:52 AM   #121
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 23
Congrats!

Hello. How is the new Bentley treating you so far? Still good? I really love what I see online about the Bentley, and I am going to head over to the factory showroom next week to take a personal look. It sounds like you had a great experience dealing with Nexus. Is that still the case? Any new malfunctions since your last post?

How is watching TV in the location where it is mounted? That's one thing that really bugs me about many RV floor plans, when the TV is not located directly across from the main seating area. Is the TV mounted on some sort of "swing arm" where you can pull it away from the wall and adjust the angle?

Thanks for the info! Cheers. :-)
__________________
New Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:23 PM   #122
Senior Member
 
WillandJane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: San Jacinto, CA
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Hello. How is the new Bentley treating you so far? Still good? I really love what I see online about the Bentley, and I am going to head over to the factory showroom next week to take a personal look. It sounds like you had a great experience dealing with Nexus. Is that still the case? Any new malfunctions since your last post?

How is watching TV in the location where it is mounted? That's one thing that really bugs me about many RV floor plans, when the TV is not located directly across from the main seating area. Is the TV mounted on some sort of "swing arm" where you can pull it away from the wall and adjust the angle?

Thanks for the info! Cheers. :-)
.....I am still quite happy indeed with my Bentley, I am glad your getting a chance to go see it for yourself. would love to know your thoughts. It seems that people that rare buying them don't subscribe to this forum but rather use Facebook and other outlets which I don't usually follow. Finally there will be one within 40 miles of me coming soon so perhaps we can trade notes.

We don't have a problem viewing the TV...we opted for the twin recliners instead of the couch and while the passenger seat is a full recliner as well the drivers seat offers a good view as well. The TV is angled just right for good viewing though no, you cannot not change that angle.

If I had my druthers and this seems to be weather you by a $200,000 diesel pusher or a million dollar one.....When we have contractors build electrical substations, one qualified electrical is there from beginning to end to make sure they do it right....no corners cut, nuts and bolts are torqued to specs, concrete in the right density etc.....if you could pay for your own personal inspector to watch everything from beginning to end and make sure each person does his job properly instead of rushing because its near lunch, or is mad at the wife or husband that day, kid sick and worrying about that etc...you can't help to have a better made coach....and while I am quite happy as I said....satisfaction is in the details.

WDK
__________________
WillandJane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:31 PM   #123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 23
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that you haven't hand any major problems. But I thought that with Nexus being a smaller company, they would have a lot fewer quality control issues than do the "big boys." Plus I've read several really good things about the quality of their workmanship, so it's a little surprising to hear that they can still drop the ball in this area. Maybe they're trying to rush the new diesel pushers out faster than they should be because they got a lot of orders all at once - which wouldn't surprise me, seeing how great they look! Either way, they need to get a handle on quality control if they want to keep up their good reputation. But at least they stand by their work and are dedicated to fixing any problems that arise.

After a great deal of research, I have narrowed my search down to two motorhomes, the Bentley and a Newmar. Both the Nexus factory and the location of the Newmar are about a 3 hour drive from my house (unfortunately in different directions), but I'm definitely going to fit viewing them into my schedule very soon. Particularly if I end up going with the Bentley, which I am leaning toward. I want to get my order in asap to make sure it is finished by the spring (the Newmar is already complete).

I also like the double recliner option over the sofa, and it's good to hear that the TV viewing isn't a problem. Plus it's not the big of a deal to mount the TV on an articulating bracket so you can adjust the angle. Looking forward to seeing both of these beauties, and we're pretty excited since this is going to be our first motorhome. We've gone on a few trips with our relatives, but it will be nice to try some trips on our own. All the best!
__________________
New Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:04 PM   #124
Senior Member
 
BRex45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 302
WDK

I / we would love to see the contents of your punch list. Any chance you could post it?
__________________
BRex

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:18 PM   #125
Senior Member
 
WillandJane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: San Jacinto, CA
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that you haven't hand any major problems. But I thought that with Nexus being a smaller company, they would have a lot fewer quality control issues than do the "big boys." Plus I've read several really good things about the quality of their workmanship, so it's a little surprising to hear that they can still drop the ball in this area. Maybe they're trying to rush the new diesel pushers out faster than they should be because they got a lot of orders all at once - which wouldn't surprise me, seeing how great they look! Either way, they need to get a handle on quality control if they want to keep up their good reputation. But at least they stand by their work and are dedicated to fixing any problems that arise.

After a great deal of research, I have narrowed my search down to two motorhomes, the Bentley and a Newmar. Both the Nexus factory and the location of the Newmar are about a 3 hour drive from my house (unfortunately in different directions), but I'm definitely going to fit viewing them into my schedule very soon. Particularly if I end up going with the Bentley, which I am leaning toward. I want to get my order in asap to make sure it is finished by the spring (the Newmar is already complete).

I also like the double recliner option over the sofa, and it's good to hear that the TV viewing isn't a problem. Plus it's not the big of a deal to mount the TV on an articulating bracket so you can adjust the angle. Looking forward to seeing both of these beauties, and we're pretty excited since this is going to be our first motorhome. We've gone on a few trips with our relatives, but it will be nice to try some trips on our own. All the best!
This is my 4th, last and might I emphasize "BEST" RV I have ever had....it looks great inside and out. My Lance camper was wonderful but not a vehicle and I have had two Forestriver products a Class C and a Georgetown Class A. The Bentley is being compare to the Alegra in the industry but factory direct and right now only one floor plan (two more are planned) it does not have the Alegra price tag. So it was the best floor plan in a diesel I could afford new and I feel I got my monies worth. My issues have been small....the biggest being which not so much an issue but a challenge. I am short at 5'5" inches and mine being the 17th one made...I guess no shorties have purchased one prior to me. You sit in a car on a lot and if it does not fit you then you move to the next....these guys pulled the seat plate up....moved it 5 inches forward welded it back redrilled it with my butt in the seat and I sit custom as comfortable as can be. After me, that change went into all new Bentley's though you might have a problem if your over 6'4" but that was they came to the table but then what else could they do?

Newmar is a good coach but as I said as compared to the Bentley your going to pay $300.000 plus unless you find a wonderful deal new. Quality control is not so much the issue with NeXus as any one person on the line not doing the best job they can that day and that comes with any price tag.

The recliners are removable from their lock down driving positions so you can put them anywhere you want but they will turn where they are as well to accommodate your viewing comfort.

Last, I wish I were their quality control inspector because I am quite meticulous but we are all human and we have to look at how we do our jobs from day to day.....that being said, I just want someone to gladly fix it and that has been NeXus.

WDK
__________________
WillandJane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:29 AM   #126
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 23
Sounds like you are very happy with your new Bentley! After doing a little more research, the thing I really like about the Newmar - a full wall slide out - may be the thing that turns me against it. I really like the way it opens up the rear of the coach. But now that I have read all the problems that come with such a big slide out, I think I'm going to pass on the Newmar. It is important to me to have as trouble-free of an experience as possible! So I can see why Nexus decided to go with 4 small slides rather than 2 on one side and 1 giant one on the other. I think it's going to be the Bentley for me, as well! Cheers.
__________________

__________________
New Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
diesel



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diesel pusher overheating rimrock Class A Motorhome Discussions 101 11-03-2016 07:58 PM
A Gas Generator in a Diesel Pusher? dgmelp Class A Motorhome Discussions 15 10-07-2014 01:05 PM
New Gas vs Used Diesel Pusher Discount?? reubenray Class A Motorhome Discussions 30 10-03-2014 02:07 PM
1999 Diesel pusher starting problem montanaman42 Tiffin Motorhomes Owners Forum 10 01-22-2014 08:27 PM
Redneck 1993 Allegro Bay Diesel Pusher with electrical problem jcruce13 Class A Motorhome Discussions 7 10-09-2013 12:27 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.