Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2015, 06:31 AM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I still want one, better start saving my pennies.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2015, 08:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti Brown View Post
Exactly. You must get a separate TM for each different category of item you want to protect, and there are many, many categories. I doubt Mercedes or RR ever thought they might need to cover the RV category internationally when they developed those models!
Thanks for agreeing with me.
I do find it "interesting" that the Nexus marketing dept. has apparently chosen two of the "upper crust" auto names for their somewhat entry level priced coaches. (No insult intended)

I do think their choice of desirable auto names are much better than some of the names other coach builders have used in the past.....Flounder, Intruder, & TSunami come to mind
Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #17

The You Tube video from Nexus is out for this new model

Old 01-08-2016, 06:21 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC25T View Post
I would assume one could negotiate the price similar to what we do at a dealership, 24-45% off msrp?
Nexus RV has a history of published (sales) discounts off their MSRP.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:05 AM   #19

I noticed in the video he describes this 2017 model as having the Ford 362 hp engine and 5 speed transmission. Surely they are not building a 2017 on a 2015 Ford chassis???

The video was just put out Jan 2016 so they have to know the 2016 Ford chassis has lower hp and a 6 speed transmission.
Notlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:19 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats_aplenty View Post
Did he say "22,000 GVWR and the unit will weigh around 20,000-21,000 lbs. with all the options so there is plenty of cargo capacity"? Not sure. Let's add fuel, water, people, gear...
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:22 PM   #21
KC

Well, I bought my class A gas for 109k, love the idea of the integrated seatbelt for the front seats are nice. Fridge is to small, I don't like the felt lining in the battery compartment. No Frameless windows, small under bed storage. The other thing our RV has more outside storage.

But for a first time its not to bad.

KC
Old 01-22-2016, 07:31 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I looked at their website. The base price was really attractive but then I started adding the options I wanted. Soon was as much as any other comparable coach.
+1

I watched their Maybach intro video several times (they think talking fast is a thing....it would be better if they slowed down and got their info right ).

- They quote $99,999 to $119,999 "fully loaded". Like you, I ticked the boxes I wanted and got to $135k pretty quick. I can get a competing gas coach with higher end gear for less than that.

- They quoted their build weight at 20-21k depending on options so it has plenty of hauling capacity. LOL. They better pray their as-built weight isn't 21,000. Add fuel, water, dishes, etc., and you'd have to remote pilot the RV from the Toad because sitting in the front seats would put you over the GVWR.

- They kept crowing about "no expense was spared"...."no corners were cut". Then I see they don't use MCD shades as standard, they have a crappy little 1200W inverter, they don't offer a gen set larger than 5kW, the front windshield is a leak waiting to happen (they use old-school external seals vs. more modern in-set seals), etc.

- Something about their air ride claim seemed wonky too. Either again he was talking too fast or something but I thought he kept saying it was air ride in the back only???

Anyway, I hope these guys do well, but they REALLY need to hire someone else to do their product intros/tours, preferably someone who drinks decaf and brings it down about 10 notches. Their "high energy marketing" doesn't cut it when what they are saying is jumbled, wrong, and just plain misleading.
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:51 AM   #23

I did get an opportunity to see this at the Tampa show. It looked like a mid priced coach and the display model was on the 26k chassis. I asked the factory rep and he told me this was an optional chassis. I also asked him if it had the 6 speed and he said no it was the 5 speed. He said he had been asked that question by other people as well, but he was pretty sure all the chassis they had just received were all 5 speed with V10.

They do a really nice job using the area that bunk beds would go into making more closet and drawers. My wife thought that was well thought out. She did not think the rear bath vanity was big enough to do anything but wash your hands. I think it would be difficult for her to be able to do hair or put on make up, etc due to no counter space back there.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:15 AM   #24
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Who provides warranty service for them?
https://nexusrv.com/service-locations/

Click on Service Locations left side of page about half way down.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:58 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandGloria View Post
I also asked him if it had the 6 speed and he said no it was the 5 speed. He said he had been asked that question by other people as well, but he was pretty sure all the chassis they had just received were all 5 speed with V10.

If true, I think they will be the only '17 model to be shipping w/ a 5 speed F53 chassis, and I'm not even sure how they would do that given that Ford is supposedly only producing 6 speeds since the middle of last year.....
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:22 PM   #26

Good point and I don't know unless they bought up remaining chassis in preparation for this debut. They wouldn't be the first manufacturer to do that. The factory rep didn't know any more than what I posted, so I couldn't get clarification if there were any 6 speeds on the line.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats_aplenty View Post

This video has been removed????
Old 01-23-2016, 03:53 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
This video has been removed????
Sounds about right......that video was full of untruths and unflattering comments.

If their DP sold out as stated why don't they make more of them and forget the huge under powered gasser.