Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2015, 09:50 PM   #1

Nice MH reasonable

Just happened to see this on Craig's list.

1998 Gulfstream motorhome

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2015, 06:24 AM   #2

Careful. Could be a scam

Old 12-13-2015, 06:30 AM   #3

I'm not sure what this is in the description block: Asking $9000 books for over $17500.
Does not sound right. Not sure Craigslist is a good marketing portal to sell RV, besides it is listed under "gas/fuel". Seems wierd.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:00 AM   #4

I like it and would check on it further. If it is a scam they will let you know fast. You are close enough to go see it.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK-9 View Post
I'm not sure what this is in the description block: Asking $9000 books for over $17500.
Does not sound right. Not sure Craigslist is a good marketing portal to sell RV, besides it is listed under "gas/fuel". Seems wierd.
Actually it was listed under RV's on Watertown Craig's List.
Type of fuel: Gas I guess this means it runs on gasoline not diesel.
I'm not interested myself. I only live about 50 miles from the listed location.
Lynn
Old 12-13-2015, 09:13 AM   #6

Quote:

Sounds like they are saying it has a book value of over $17500 but they are asking $9000. Could be they need/want to move it fast and so are pricing accordingly.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:54 AM   #7

Look at the picture it's definitely a gas unit.
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrob View Post
Look at the picture it's definitely a gas unit.
Ad says Triton V-10 motor.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:47 AM   #9

Quote:
...Not sure Craigslist is a good marketing portal to sell RV...
Sold my 2006 WGO View 23J off CL in 2 months. Had the usual scammers, spammers, BS artists and idiots (Will you trade for my 1963 Dodge Dart?) It only takes one real buyer.

He asked a ton of questions via e-mail to the point I thought he was a tire kicking, time waster. When satisfied, he sent $500 non-refundable deposit while he and his wife made arrangements to fly 800 miles to pick up.

Picked him up at PHX airport in rig, drove to local branch of his bank, took 3 hours to go over and test everything. Walked into bank where I watched teller prepare cashier's check. Easy peasy lemon squeezy, got my price.
LeeOts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeOts View Post
Sold my 2006 WGO View 23J off CL in 2 months. Had the usual scammers, spammers, BS artists and idiots (Will you trade for my 1963 Dodge Dart?) It only takes one real buyer.

He asked a ton of questions via e-mail to the point I thought he was a tire kicking, time waster. When satisfied, he sent $500 non-refundable deposit while he and his wife made arrangements to fly 800 miles to pick up.

Picked him up at PHX airport in rig, drove to local branch of his bank, took 3 hours to go over and test everything. Walked into bank where I watched teller prepare cashier's check. Easy peasy lemon squeezy, got my price.
Agreed. Purchased my motorhome from a seller on CL out of state. Last week sold my Moms car on CL in a matter of days.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 02:54 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm neither interested or even close enough to look at it but ..... in the NADA guide there is no 31 unit listed at $17K. Even if this ad is for real it is a prime example of what sellers do wrong. In the NADA guide there are seven 31 ft class"A"'s listed under 3 different models. I've sold 2 MH's on Craigslist and did so relatively quickly. I've always found that the more info you post, the fewer tire kickers you get. You may well want a 31 ft unit but without photo's and info, the one you are looking at may encourage you to ask many questions that the poster could have answered in the posting. CL allows for 24 photo's and an indefinite amount of space for information. Even if the ad is for real it is just a poorly written one.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 06:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
...CL allows for 24 photo's and an indefinite amount of space for information. Even if the ad is for real it is just a poorly written one.
As a photographer, I uploaded as many photos as CL would allow. I found that lots of words without photos turned off prospects since most never read beyond the first paragraph. For example, I would write, "Photo 1 shows the new tires" or "Photo 6 shows the spotless galley." I also had lots of lights, hidden behind walls and curtains, to light up the interior and make it look brighter, newer, cleaner and, overall, better maintained than dark, dingy photos like the referenced ad. Perception is reality!

LeeOts is offline   Reply With Quote