Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Newmar Owners Club
Nick Name?

I need you help.... I can't seem to wrap my mind around this,
We've had our 98 Newmar Mountaineer for a year and half now...... Never been able to pin a name on the old girl yet. Have had a few ideas, but usually quite negative during a repair and not really suitable for children.
DO YOU HAVE A NICK NAME for your coach? What is it and why? I hope you can give me an idea to restore a little bit of dignity to my coach

chaperon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
You might want to check in on THIS THREAD.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
Newmar Owners Club
Sorry for wasting everyone time!!!
chaperon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:27 AM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We call ours Mz. Journey because she is a Winnebago Journey. Luckily we didn't buy an Adventurer. How about Mountain Gal? Enjoy the referenced thread. No need to apologize you didn't waste anyone's time.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix) Formerly of Bellingham,WA'05 Winnebago Journey 36G. FL-XC, Cat 350, aero muffler, AFE filter, 4 FSD Koni's, ultra track bell, SafeT+, FMCA397030, WIT 129107
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:03 AM   #5
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Relax it will come to you---nick names rise out of experience, something funny happening, something that seems trouble at the time which gets a good laugh later, a quirk, does she wobble or roll? make a funny noise? when is the last time you laughed out loud using her and what was the cause?

Or the name can come from the sweet remeberances a special family time, a special place, a particular moment

Or they can be the product of careful thought----which is what you are doing

Me I prefer spontenaity!!!!

We call ours Moana---when we test drove the model it made a moaning sound from the grill (harmonics), the saleman said ours would not because that problem had been fixed in our new year model---guess what---when we drove it away she began to Moan----ah---a nick name was born---after the consternation was expended and resolved.

Waste of time---forget it--- no such thing here unless you were to read a thread I started a few weeks back-----now that was a waste of time.

Thanks for the memories---a nick name will spring forth just when you least expect it--------
I do all my own stunts
03 Dolphin LX 6355, Workhorse W22, 8.1 vortec, 04 CR-V, Blue Ox, Brake Pro----Norm, Barb and
Doc(He's a PhD)
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #6
Daughter thought we bought a Class C and when we pulled in her driveway and she looked...she said "Hank the Tank"......so Hank it is!
sc3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:51 AM   #7
For a minute I thought i was on the Cooper Mini forum by mistake. Those guys drive me nuts with naming their cars, we just call ours the 'mini", oh, and we call our motorhome, "the motorhome". Enough said I think!
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
"NeverLand", Where growing up is optoinal!
Norm, Paulette & Cookie(Jackapoo)
2011 Itasca Sunstar 35F, V-10 with CHF, Sumo Springs, Safe-T-Plus Stabilizer, 5 Star Tuned, pulling 2011 Honda CRV
Gotago2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You are not bothering anybody. We call our combination "DRAGGIN FLY", after the country song, draggin up one hill and flying down on the other side. The MH is Draggin and our toad is Fly.
dajudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by chaperon View Post
Sorry for wasting everyone time!!!
Paraphrasing what one lady politician recently said about another politician's comments in not getting certain garments in a wad. Your not wasting my or any bodys time. I use several forums on classic Mustangs, RVs and guns and I had to learn real quick to accept link referals to another thread as a lead to additional information. At times, responses are a little thin and delayed especially if the subject has been discussed relatively recent. As far as your question about suggestions for a name, DW and I called or first RV, an '87 Toyota Dolphin "The Albatrose", the '02 31 ft Class C was the "Personnel Carrier", and the third which was the largest we've owned, a 37 ft Tiffin got named "Da Bus". We got a new Vista 26P in November and like you, we're trying to come up with a name for it that sort of endears it to our life style. Caboose is one of the heavy weight contenders at the current time.
Stan, Shirley & 2 Schnauzers (Sandy & Sassy)
RV: 2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F
USAF, Retired, Life Member: VSPA, DVA, VVA, VFW
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #11

I named my 1996 Mountain Aire, Gloria - Why? Because I have a Glorious time when I take her out.
1996 Newmar Mountain Aire. 3760 CA
2006 to 2015 Boxer named Cash (aka Cassius Clay)
2016 - Boxer named Chevy
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #12
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
"Money Pit" ?????
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Florida (Winter)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #13
Workhorse Chassis Owner
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 120K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, KVH R5 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #14
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Daughter named her "Betty" but I don't know why-ha.

2004 Horizon 40AD/ISC 350/2012 SILVERADO or 2008 Chevy HHR/Demco/Vmspc/FMCA-F394912/SKP-115085/2004 Can-Am Outlander/2013 Polaris RZR
rvarner is offline   Reply With Quote