Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2015, 08:44 AM   #1

No brake or tail lights

I've got a 2003 Allegro Bus that the brake and tail lights quit working. I have checked the fuses and bulbs and all are good. Also called Tiffin and Freightliner, but not much help. Does anyone know if there are any inline fuses somewhere I need to check. Normally when both the turn and brake lights quit working it is a fuse so that is where I have focused my attention. I also noticed that the Hazard Flasher make the lights flash real fast. I have tried to find the flasher, but cant seem to locate one. Has anyone had this problem who might be able to point me in the right direction to fix? Thanks, Jack
jdbunch0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2015, 09:42 AM   #2

jdbunch0924-

I don't know your coach, but I can pass along a couple of links that pertain to fuse and relay locations on your model.

Mark

http://forums.woodalls.com/index.cfm...print/true.cfm

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Alegro bus Turn signal
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:07 PM   #3

Thanks

Checked those sites and info is pretty much what I thought the flashers should be. Just haven't been able to find them though. More wires than Carter has Pills. Will look a little more..
Old 10-10-2015, 03:37 PM   #4

I had the same sort of problem with my 5th wheel. It was a module under the dash of my truck.
Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:17 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Check with the Tiffin RV Network site. It really depends which chassis your buss was built on as to the exact location. Taillight fuses are normally located on the passenger side in a rear compartment.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:26 AM   #6

Do the backup lights work? If not I would say it is a ground issue for sure.
You need a volt meter or a test light. Check for power from the bulb contacts to a known good ground.
Tracing these harness problems can be painful but I would look for a wire connector partially disconnected or a harness which has been pinched and broken.
The tail and stop / turn lights should be on entirely different circuits. A blown fuse is possible but in your case not likely unless the rear harness is shorted to ground.
Lynn
Old 10-11-2015, 07:42 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I wouldn't troubleshoot the flasher. The bulbs will flash quickly when there's an element burned out in one of the four bulbs (front or rear). This may also be the source of the original problem. I would not suspect fuses at this point.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:28 AM   #8

Found the flashers. They are located under the panel on top of dash above the steering wheel. The flashers were square, red, and plastic. I replaced them and now the turn signal and haz. flashers work properly. The flashers were Purchased from Auto Zone for $12.00 apiece. For those of you that have the 2003 Allegro Bus and need to locate the fuses, they are located in the center console. You have to remove the two drawers and you will see the fuse panels way in the back. I want to thank all those who helped with info.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:55 AM   #9

I have a problem with my brake, turn signal, tail and running lights on my 2003 Ford F53 chasis. The brake, tail and running lights do not light with no blown fuses. The turn signals work until I depress the brake pedal, then they go out The backup camera comes on when I depress the break pedal or use the turn signal, it flashes in sync with the flasher. I have idled the motorhome for 30 minutes twice, I quit when the owners manual said not to do it for more than 10 minutes with no reason why. As all the wires for the back of the home run up the driver side frame and the exhaust come out in front of the rear wheel and the engine manifold is close to the frame, it would not surprise me that the engineers ran unprotected wires next to hot areas. Looking at the schematics that the previous owner provided and at the physical wiring it looks like the camera gets power from the TR wire to turn on. The TR wire is the power for the backup lights. So I am thinking that the harness got melted and shorted the wires for the brake, tail, backup and camera feed together without grounding them, hence no blown fuse. So I am thinking that the reason of not idling more than ten minutes is to prevent melting and shorting the wire in the wire run. I do not have a schematic for the ford chassis and am working currently off of a Winnebago schematic. Without the ford schematic I do know if there is a "body controller" that could be the problem or the wires are melted together. I am looking for anyone else that has had an issue like this and what they did to fix the problem.
Purple tent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, light, lights