Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2016, 09:17 AM   #1

No Cable TV Signal

Internal TV cable does not receive signal. Have checked all connections and switch. Is there a simple fix other than running an outside cable direct from the pedestal to the TV? This is in a 2006 Itasca Sunova 30B Class A motorhome.
Jozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2016, 10:01 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Check in the upper cabinets for a switch or a button that switches from TV antenna to Dish. It must be on dish to receive a signal from RV Park cable or your own Satellite.
Davenlsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:15 PM   #3

On ours once you put the switch, which is on the wall next to the passenger side front seat, into the cable position, then you need to do the auto scan via your TV. It will say it could take up to 50 minutes, but usually it is only about 5 minutes. You have to do the Auto scan too for regular TV Antenna if you want to get the most channels possible. You also have to do it every time you change locations. We usually do both as we are setting everything up so we can switch back and forth during our stay.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:17 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Before you go too far did you check and make sure it isn't the campground cables problem.

If it isn't the campground cable then I would run a cable from the campground cable to the TV and see if it worked that way.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:18 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Is your BOMB (box of many buttons) set properly. If it was working before then I would check all that before I went crazy with new wires and such.
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:03 AM   #6

Make sure tv is in the cable mode on the tv menu and not antenna.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:37 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
If your system is like mine I have no bomb. Just make sure the power button on cable connection is off. No green light. It should have a 12 volt plug next to it.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #8
HHg

One of the few things that I've had to fix on my Phaeton was an $8 dollar splitter. If all the switches and buttons are in the correct position and it still doesn't work, it may just be a bad splitter !!

Hhg
HHg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran304 View Post
Before you go too far did you check and make sure it isn't the campground cables problem.

If it isn't the campground cable then I would run a cable from the campground cable to the TV and see if it worked that way.

Jon
+1 on this one....

At a campground, I could not get ANY cable channels on any TV.
The campground maint guys came out with a radio shack Tablet TV, hooked it to the pedestal, and it worked fine.
Ran a cable from my rear TV directly to the pedestal, and no channels.

Got home, and hooked up to my house cable and everything worked (ant/cable settings did not have to be changed....they were correct at the campground).

I bought a signal amp. Others have had the same problem....so be careful.

Regards,

Dan
Old 04-06-2016, 05:00 PM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Analog or digital TV? Analog or digital cable? They must match and the signal booster should be off when using cable. If analog tv and digital cable, cable should run thru a converter.
TinCanTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:46 AM   #11

One more thought. All my coached so far have had had a signal booster for the outside TV antenna. The cable input will not work when the signal booster is on. On my coaches it is a wall plate with a coax cable connector and a push button switch with a green light. If the green light is on the outside cable connection will not work.
Opps what John said in post #7
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
You only need the converter when using the antenna. Cable automatically converts the signal so your analog tv works. I have two new tv's and one old one in my coach and all three work on cable without a converter.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:12 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHg View Post
One of the few things that I've had to fix on my Phaeton was an $8 dollar splitter. If all the switches and buttons are in the correct position and it still doesn't work, it may just be a bad splitter !!

Hhg
I have a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38 QRA...trying to find my splitter...Where was your at ?
RodneyLadd is offline   Reply With Quote