Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #1

No electric to AC/Light socket/MW

I had my generator serviced. First they didn't plug in a wire and the the inside gen switch would not work. Took it back and they plugged the wire in the gen and the start button on inside now works. Later I noticed with generator running both AC's will not even start, no power to Microwave, no power to electric sockets, Refrig. will start to propane but not run on electric.. I checked every fuse, clipped every breaker I could find, still no help. Any suggestions.
Savoy298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2017, 09:01 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoy298 View Post
I had my generator serviced. First they didn't plug in a wire and the the inside gen switch would not work. Took it back and they plugged the wire in the gen and the start button on inside now works. Later I noticed with generator running both AC's will not even start, no power to Microwave, no power to electric sockets, Refrig. will start to propane but not run on electric.. I checked every fuse, clipped every breaker I could find, still no help. Any suggestions.
You did not mention what genset you have, but I am going to guess that the breaker's right on the genset are tripped, switch the completely to the off position, the switch them to the on position, and see if that fixes your problem.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:02 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
After you flip the breakers directly on the genset as previously mentioned, the next thing to check is to open your transfer switch cover, and check the voltages coming from the generator to your transfer switch. Then you'll know whether it is a generator problem, or a transfer switch problem.

You should also make sure your circuit breakers in the coach (including the main) are all flipped to ON position. They may have turned them off when working on the genny, and forgot to turn back on.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:20 AM   #4

Forgot to mention, 1990 Fleetwood Cambria, Onan Generator, 4K
Old 05-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #5

Thanks for help, feel kinda dumb but I'm new to this Rig. It was the breakers
Thanks once again for the help.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:19 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoy298 View Post
Thanks for help, feel kinda dumb but I'm new to this Rig. It was the breakers
Thanks once again for the help.
Thank you very much for the update ! glad to see it was a easy fix for you!!

Tags
light