Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #15

The only thing I can see with that shower head is if the hot is turned on and the knob at the head is shut off to block water at the head, then the shower head is acting as a mixing valve. It is mixing hot and cold. Don't know how it could be happening on city hook up only. Never fixed anything in that area...

HHIDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes Dad View Post
Check your outside shower valves, if the hot is open, even if no water is flowing, you won't get hot water. This is only when hooked to city water.
Can you explain why? I KNOW this worked in my case, but not sure how the outside shower faucets have this effect.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #17

Solo Rvers Club
Just wondering if it is as simple as the pilot light for the heater went out, that is the first thing I would think of....Not being a mechanic or anything,
Old 12-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
no, I had hot water when using the water pump, but no hot water when hooked to city water.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #19

Other posters have said that the outside shower might be the culprit. If the faucets on the outside shower are turned on and the valve at the shower head is turned off (to close the flow), then hot and cold water are mixed and so your hot water becomes lukewarm. The faucets act as a mixing valve. Did you check to see if your outside shower faucets are both closed?
HHIDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
the exterior valves were both open, but the shower head sprayer was closed, thus mixing hot and cold. After closing both valves, I was able to get hot water indoors thru both the city water and 12v pump.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:07 PM   #21

I have that similar problem...I will check the outside shower in the morning and get back to you all.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #22

no hot water on city

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
Any faucet being on can do that, the shower heads just have their own shut off so you can have an open faucet with no water flow.
However, being on city water does not matter because the pump is supplying the same system the same way, so that is not it.
I just bought a 08 Cardinal M-33TBH (Forest River); the first time I hooked it to city water a pipe just flowed out near the water pump & leaked all over the board etc.
After drying it out & 2 very nice neighbor campers sealed the pipe I made a few discoveries about the camper.
There was no hot water flowing no matter what direction I turned the valve for winterizing!!!
Then I discovered the they had removed the outside shower faucet & replacedthe bathroom shower with them!

After reading this article, I realized there is a relationship involved...
The hose that was flowing quite well ended in a tee under the bathroom shower near the pump & also the converter (inverter?). I was very lucky no one got shocked when it got so wet in that area! I should have had someone outside while we were working on the valve under the sink!
If anyone has any ideas, I would very much welcome the advice!
This forum has been so helpful; my thanks to all!!
Cheers,
Paul
08 Forest River Cardinal 5th wheel M-TBH

Tags
water