Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-04-2016, 11:18 AM   #85
I have been driving long distances for 45 year- mostly cars, vans, small trucks and large SUV's, trailers and now a MH. I have always flashed lights for large vehicles, and thought the professional and courteous thing to do. I always try to leave at least two to three truck length distance before moving back into the lane. It also, helps because in trying to leave a safe distance, cars will often cut right in front of the large vehicle and then come flying by on my right. It is nice to get confirmation that the lane is clear. I kind of think of it like holding the door for a lady or taking off my hat when entering a church. I must be old fashioned, and I am not even old.😀

AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2016, 11:39 AM   #86
Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by mhbell View Post
This is another reason I installed a Dash Cam in my motor home. I had a couple of near misses and it was all caught on Sd card in camera. If there had been a accident, I would have the proof. My dash cam runs when ever the key is on and runs for 8 hours before starting over. It is mounted on the overhead cabinets looking out the front with a 140 degree wide angle. it also looks slightly down to catch the Lic plate of any vehicle in front.
What is the make and model of your dash cam? I want to get one.

narampa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:37 PM   #87

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
ICC I am told stands for Interstate Commerce Commission. All that switch does is flash the clearance lights. Still have on clue why it's marked ICC. Now that doesn't sound right does it?

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2010 Chevy Colorado 4X4
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:15 PM   #88

No longer King of the Road

The roads and drivers are not what what they were, but I follow my CDL training, relax, and have no problems.
I do avoid traffic congestion and take more old roads than freeways, however. It's fun out here if you make it so.
I never complain about things I can either fix or adapt to.
AND I have a button to flash the headlights, and another to flash the running lights.
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:26 AM   #89
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
Originally Posted by DD788Snipe View Post
ICC I am told stands for Interstate Commerce Commission. All that switch does is flash the clearance lights. Still have on clue why it's marked ICC. Now that doesn't sound right does it?
reading several post back I wrote:
not all MH have one and moreover, The ICC Termination Act of 1995 is a United States federal law enacted in 1995 that abolished the Interstate Commerce Commission.

It was the ICC that used to make the safety rules and marketing laws and that is why it was called an ICC switch. That was abolished 20 years ago. The switch was invented back in 1958.

Older Macks, KW's, Peterbuit etc had these switches. Today most trucks have running lights just like cars and they do not have options for flashing. I think Volvo does provide a headlight on-off flash.

read what real trucker have to say:
courtesy when being passed at night - Page 1

La Dagobago
99 36 FL Winne Chieftain 5.9 ISB Turbo Cummins DP, 24' box with 1972 V12 XKE Jag and HD Sporty Hobby of 1970's Suzuki dirt bike restoration. Visit my blog.
ladagobago is offline   Reply With Quote