Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2015, 09:42 AM   #1

No power to Acc on my 1994 Holiday Rambler

Has anyone out there had an issue with loss of power to the accessory position on the ignition switch? I replaced the switch and still no power? It is a 1994 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Le diesel pusher. I was hoping someone could supply me with a copy of the wiring diagram for that model or if anyone has had a similar issue and was able to correct it.
MyFirstRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2015, 09:51 AM   #2

Sorry I can't help with a diagram, I'll ask a question though.
When you purchased the replacement switch , was it the type of switch used in mid 1970's Chevy P/U trucks?
Old 05-26-2015, 10:34 PM   #3

What chassis is you HR built on? Perhaps I can help with a wiring diagram.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:57 AM   #4

It is an Oshkosh chassis and has a ford column switch. I suspect a bad relay somewhere in the system. I have been trying to isolate the problem but haven't had much luck so far. Everything works fine with switch in the run position. The problem comes when you try to deploy the leveling jacks. In the run position the warning lights and buzzer goes off and it is very annoying! I am good with diagrams if one can be found. If not any help will be very appreciated. I also am having to replace the holding tank board and senors and have purchased the I-Series system.
MyFirstRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:07 PM   #5

Sorry, I can't help you with a wiring diagram.

On my chassis (Spartan Mountain Master) the ignition switch feeds two solenoids in addition to the start solenoid. One is located in the front panel and the other in the back panel all activities requiring ignition in accessory or run position are fed from one of these two solenoids.

Each solenoid has only one conductor between the ignition switch and the solenoid coil.

Bottom line: If a system works in the run position but not in the accessory position, the problem must be in the ignition switch.

Hope this is of some help.
DonL

Tags
holiday rambler, power