Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2016, 07:23 PM   #1

No Power to my Microwave

Help, electrical storm the other night woke to no power to the microwave.
Over the burner light stays on wont turn off.
looked for the braker, cant find.

2005 Fleet-wood Providence 39S.

GE Convection/Microwave,

Anyone know where the fuse is?

THANKS!
kwkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2016, 09:02 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
You should have a breaker box of 110v. In with he main breaker look there first. Do you have any kind of a surge protector? Check for a tripped ground fault plug.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:11 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkelly View Post
Help, electrical storm the other night woke to no power to the microwave.
Over the burner light stays on wont turn off.
looked for the braker, cant find.

2005 Fleet-wood Providence 39S.

GE Convection/Microwave,

Anyone know where the fuse is?

THANKS!

kW Kelly ; I would check your inverter, it has 2 push in breakers, I'm sure your microwave is hooked to the inverter. Regards
Old 07-29-2016, 01:56 AM   #4

Check for a GFI plug. Mine is in my bedroom and the 110v stuff runs through it. Reset it and it may work...

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 04:52 AM   #5

On my 05 Discovery 39S I think it had a GFI breaker in the bedroom by the sink and one in the kitchen. And the inverter had two breakers on the front panel. I tripped one of those once in awhile using two space heaters on one circuit. One of my breakers was a 20 and one a 15 amp. When I lost shore power the microwave didn't have any power. And only had lights and a couple of outlets that run under batteries. Check the front of the inverter for those breakers. I don't remember if the microwave had it's own breaker in the 110 breaker panel or not. Some things like the microwave did not go through the inverter. When I lost shore power I always had to reset the clock on the microwave and the coffee pot. That's how I knew we had lost power when we were gone. With the light over the stove not working right and the microwave not right you may have had a spike wipe out the circuit board in the microwave. Try running an extension cord from a known good outlet to the microwave plug to just see if it works on that. You don't have to run the microwave, just see if the display lights up and maybe run it on power set to 0. That will tell you if it is the appliance or the power coming into it.

Tags
power