Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2015, 09:03 PM   #1

No power to wet bay

Good evening,

Half way through my trip from Seattle to Nashville and my water pump stopped working.

During trouble shooting I also found out that there is no power going to the 120volt outlet in the wet bay that I normally plug a small heater into when it's below freezing.

Things I've checked:
1.fuses, all good
2. Breaker panel, all good
3. GFCIs, all good.
4. Check all the wire connecting plugs I could find in the wet bay, all connected and seems good.
5. Used a Volt meter to check power to pump. No power.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

2015 Fleetwood Excursion 35b
Towing 2013 Jeep Rubicon

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2015, 02:25 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
If you have more than one switch to control the pump, the power to the pump is controlled by pump latching switch https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...16&FORM=IQFRBA
Good luck and keep us posted.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:25 AM   #3

Check the fuses on your inverter. I just bought a 2007 Bounder.
I lost power to some receps, couldn't find ANYTHING wrong. Then, by chance, I was looking in all the bays, for anything, following wires, etc. then noticed a tripped push/pull fuse on the inverter.
Still don't have 110v in the two bays but everything inside is working and the outside entertainment "stuff" is working. When the weather clears up a bit I'll search that out.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:54 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

The pump latching relay (pump controller) is normally placed on the ground side of the pump, so there would still be +12v to the pump. Since there is not, you have either a blown fuse or a broken wire on the +12v line. Sometimes there is an inline fuse as well as the 12v source fuse, so look at the pump wiring.

Is it possible the 120v outlet has a temperature switch, i.e. only activates below around 35 degrees?

Suggest you call or email Fleetwood and request wiring & plumbing diagrams for your coach. They will email digital copies or mail paper ones. Have your FIN (Fleetwood ID Number) handy.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:25 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdgb23 View Post
Good evening,

Half way through my trip from Seattle to Nashville and my water pump stopped working.

During trouble shooting I also found out that there is no power going to the 120volt outlet in the wet bay that I normally plug a small heater into when it's below freezing.

Things I've checked:
1.fuses, all good
2. Breaker panel, all good
3. GFCIs, all good.
4. Check all the wire connecting plugs I could find in the wet bay, all connected and seems good.
5. Used a Volt meter to check power to pump. No power.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Towing 2013 Jeep Rubicon
Pump is 12V not 120V. Put your meter in DC to check for 12V power to pump.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:13 PM   #6

Update,

Water pump now works. The wire harness behind the fuse panel became in hooked somehow. Easy fix, plugged back in.

The 120v outlet is still inop. Will have factory look at that when I get there Monday.

Thanks everyone for their input.

Towing 2013 Jeep Rubicon

Tags
power