Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
Question No spare tire National sea breeze

2005 Sea Breeze 1311 no spare tire what is the fix

Steven62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Originally Posted by Steven62 View Post
2005 Sea Breeze 1311 no spare tire what is the fix

The most cost efficient would be, if you have a tow service, ie; Coachnet, Good Sams or something similiar, I would buy another tire only and stow it in one of your lower compartments. If you let them know, a good tow service will have a truck that can put the new tire on the rim with the flat when at the scene.

04 Newmar DSDP 4015-Cummins ISL 370hp-Spartan MM Chassis-2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed-Ready Brute Elite Towing System-FMCA 402879-SKP 120487
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
Thanks CJ2 I'll buy the tire and stow it in one of the compartments
Steven62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Steven62 to irv2.
I just post this answer in another post for someone to answer your question.
If you take care of tires on your coach you do not need extra cost of a spare or the added weight to carry it.
Of course its up to you in what you decide.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans, now in good hands
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Even if you had a spare, I doubt you'd have a jack strong enough to lift the RV or a wrench big enough to take the lugs off. RV roadside assistance is an add on on almost every insurance policy out there. We don't have a spare on our 05 Dolphin either. If I loose a tire, I call Geiko and they take care of things.
Rick and Julia
2005 Dolphin 5376, W24, Solid Body Paint, Koni FSD's
2007 Wrangler Unlimited....it follows us everywhere.
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
Fleetwood Owners Club
I carry a fully loaded fire extinguisher for the same reason. When you need it, and you eventually well need both the spare and the fire extinguisher, you will have it. I have needed a spare twice. Both times without it it could have cost me a fortune had I not had my own spare. There are people out here with empty pockets that just love ''unprepared'' Rv'ers to come along with a fat credit card and nothing more and they will empty your ''card'' to fill their ''pockets''. Been there and seen that tried on me and it didnt work because I was prepared.
Good luck.....

Thank a vet for your freedom.....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
American Coach Owners Club
Steven62, I just replaced our 2 front tires(235-80-22.5") and saved one of them to use as an unmounted spare for our road service provider to install should a replacement not be available. I'm now looking into mounting it between the frame rails...the tire will not fit into any of our basement compartments. Measure up before ya buy... Bob
Jan and Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:17 AM   #8
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Same problem on our Seabreeze. I went to a local Camping World and got a used tire they had removed from another motorhome (same size as mine). Slid it into a storage bin. They were happy to get rid of the tire - had a stack of them in the back.
psyflyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
Ford Super Duty Owner
I always carry a spare. I you depend on tire service, you are at their mercy. Sometimes they get there fairly soon, other times it is hours before they arrive. Many times they bring a used tire. The story is, they couldnt find a new tire. The truth is, it is a out of date takeoff they got for free from my dealership,(or another MH dealer) As for not getting the wheel nuts off, When i go to the tire store I carry my ford owners manual, show them the torque spec. (which is 190 ft. pounds) Hand them my torque wrench and watch them torque the nuts. If i cant be there, I have a 39 chevy.drive shaft, which i slip over a breaker bar. I loosen all the lug nuts and retorque. I carry a 24 inch breaker bar in the motorhome. If the lugnuts are at the correct torque, they can be easily removed. If you dont have a pipe or such, just buy a 5 ft. piece of thickwall steel pipe at lowes or home depot. Always break loose and retorque the nuts, because the thousand pound or so torque the tire co. leaves on them, stresses everything.

ga traveler is online now   Reply With Quote

no spare tire