Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Translators7 View Post
Unfortunately they are over an hour away
Over an hour can be close, I think

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2013, 09:58 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
what did you mean water is gushing out where the pump is ?
if you have watergushing out of something that would sound like you had things freeze and then something broke. Can you explain what is going on a bit better.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
When we driving up here everything worked fine. As soon as we parked we noticed that the water stopped running. We could not hook up to city water because the water in the hose was freezing so we decided to just use the water in the holding tank. I was under the impression that the bay was heated by the furnace. Come to find out that the vent was disconnected that made the lines freeze. The temperature was in the teens when we got here. We re connected the the vent and space heaters in the bays. I noticed water gushing out where the pump was. At first I thought it was the water pump, but the water pump still runs solid. This morning I tried to fill up the water tank again but when I did, hot water started gushing out the to of the bay. Also the water was sputtering out of the faucets
Old 12-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fixed
It was a filter part that broke off.
Took John 15 minutes to fix

Thanks for all your help

Danny
Old 01-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Now we font have hot water
I liked at the water heater and hot water is coming out of the water heater valve when you open it up but nothing out of the faucets inside
Any idea anyone?
Old 01-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Translators7 View Post
Now we font have hot water I liked at the water heater and hot water is coming out of the water heater valve when you open it up but nothing out of the faucets inside Any idea anyone?
Bypass open?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Put a hair dryer to the bypass valve and any 90 degree turns. It may be frozen there.
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
some additional advise... If you hook up to city water, you may want to leave your sinks set on a fast drip for tonight. That will keep the water moving just enough to keep the lines from freezing. We're in upstate NY, where the temp is supposed to go down to -5 tonight and get somewhere between 12 and 18" of snow. Can't wait to move south one of these days...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:29 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
based on the way you winterize your coach when you use antifreeze if the bypass valve was open or frozen i do not believe that would stop you from getting water out of the faucets. You would just get cold water out. If you have the heat from the furnace going into the wet bay and it has been on there for a while hopefully that would have warned things up enough to get rid of frozen lines but not for sure.

I would close the hot water bypass valve ( basically change to the other position.) and see if you get cold water coming out of the faucet when you turn on the hot water valve.

I am assuming that you are getting cold water out of the faucets and the problem is just with hot water. If you are not getting any water out of the faucets at all that is a totally different issue.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:40 PM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
A-Z RV Service

Business Hours:

Our store hours are 8-5, Monday thru Friday in Paola, Ks, and we can be reached at 913-294-2733.

We are on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency service at 913-893-6949.

Founded in 2001 by Ed Smoot as a one man operation, A-Z Mobile RV, Inc. has grown by leaps and bounds. Being avid RV'ers themselves, Ed and his crew have a vision of what RV owners experience in their travels. This translates to a well versed staff on the RV lifestyle. With a fleet of service trucks and a great team of service technicians, more growth is inevitable. Located in Paola, Ks., we service the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area, with service also available to Lawrence, Topeka, LaCygne, Blue Springs, and St. Joseph.

They go to St. Jo... Blue Springs... Lawerence... Topeka... that's more than an hour away... did you call and ask?
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm getting cold water just not hot water. The bypass valve is not frozen
When I open the hot water valve in the bay, I get hot water
out of the valve Same thing when I open the valve at the waterheater
Old 01-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #26

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Re heated tanks... Yes, with the furnaced on the tanks are heated however many RV's are still rated only for around 20 degrees, you can extend it down a bit with additional electrical heat (I hope mine is good to 10) but that's about the limite, when temps are in the teens with wind, odds are you gonna freeze if they stay there long enough.

As for no hot water.

The water heater, if not turned on, is not as well protected as the rest of the house.. if it IS turned on, then it's better protected.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Check valve on the output line from the heater is stuck shut, turn off water pump release pressure clean valve and alls well ( maybe?)
Wont hurt to check

John
Old 01-04-2014, 09:06 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
As soon as the outside temperature went over 32F I restarted the pump and we go hot water again
Temps in the teens are not a good match for living in an RV I guess

Tags
water