Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2015, 08:53 AM   #1

no water from hot water faucet

Woke up this morning to no water coming from the hot water faucets. Have plenty of water from the cold side but nothing from the hot side. haven't turned any valves etc since who knows when. Have had hot water for the last two weeks while parked in Craig Co. Ideas, suggestions
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2015, 08:59 AM   #2

Good Morning.. There is a check valve in the outlet side of the hot water heater.. they are prone to break off and effectively stop the flow of hot water.. It is on the back of the water heater where the hot water leaves to go to your faucet. On ours there is a galvanized fitting and the valve is inside that fitting.. We had to call the "RV Doctor" to come and remove it.. we left it out.
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:47 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
HR 2004 knows more about this subject than I do and what he suggested makes sense. In order to make sure it is not just the one faucet or try to narrow it down. Turn you hot water heater bypass valve to bypass. That should allow cold water to go to all of the faucets instead of hot water. If that works and you have water coming out then start looking into the issue HR2004 suggested.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:06 AM   #4

Thanks for the suggestions. I am away from the MH at the moment but will look at the water heater when I return. If I turn on the hot water faucet in the bathroom then run cold in the kitchen I have water flow in bathroom but it is cold water. Checked the water heater, it is full and hot. Opened the relief valve to see if I had some kind of a vacuum block but made no difference.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:16 AM   #5

water heater valve

I had the exact same problem several years ago. It was the one way check valve located to the rear of the hot water heater as hot water exits the heater. The valve had broken inside and stopped the exit flow. Valve was very cheap, labor was very high due to how my water heater was mounted. BUT I learned about how to get at my water and now can do it myself if needed. Good luck and hope your heater is easier to access than mine. By the way ours is same year as your coach 2005.
aztortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:33 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

The Winnebagos are notorious for the heater check valve failure. Doesn't take much sediment or corrosion to plug up that valve.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #7

Ok turned the bypass and yes I have cold water, so seems it must be that "check valve" When I look at the fittings I don't see anything that looks like a valve. I do have plastic hose going into a metal fitting, then into the water heater. I assume that metal fitting is the check valve,correct
Old 10-06-2015, 04:57 PM   #8

correct.. the check valve is inside that fitting.. I no longer have the check valve.. we took it out as it was broken and didn't put a new one in.. no more problems. just put the metal fitting back in.
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water