Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #1

Norcold 1200

I have a 2005 Monaco Dynasty & my Norcold Frig. after a week on the road the freezer accumulates frost & condensation in the frig. section I empty the drip pan however, in a few days the same thing. Any suggestions ?
skiing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #2

I would check the door seal for gaps that may be letting warm air into your cold freezer and causing your problem.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiing
I have a 2005 Monaco Dynasty & my Norcold Frig. after a week on the road the freezer accumulates frost & condensation in the frig. section I empty the drip pan however, in a few days the same thing. Any suggestions ?
Drip pan?? Where is it? I have a 1210 never heard of one.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #4

I'm probably confusing myself reading the post again.
Is it the fridge or the freezer section this is happening to?
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
paz

Our Norcold 1200 starts accumulating the first faint signs of frost in the freezer within a few days after I defrost, especially if we're in humid weather.

If you think your freezer is accumulating frost faster than it should, check the door seals by closing the door on a crisp dollar bill in various locations around the door. There should be resistance when you try to pull the bill out with the door closed.

The fins in the refrigerator accumulate frost, too. The refrigerator goes through a defrost cycle to remove the frost from the fins (but not from the freezer - the freezer is not frost-free). Every 49 hours, the fins warm slightly to melt the frost, which then drips into the pan below the fins and runs through a hose to the outside.

If the fins in the refrigerator are accumulating too much frost and never seem to defrost, then you probably have bad seals or else there is a problem with the circuit board.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:27 PM   #6

Drip pan overflowing - Norcold series 1200 fridge

In our case, the refridgerator fins are always 'clean' but the drip pan tends to hold water which spills when we are moving. Is it possible that the hose could be clogged? If so, how would one remove it for cleaning? It seems to be very tight at the fitting which is connected to the rear of the fridge.

This is a new problem and the unit performed correctly until last year.

Louis Wood
2006 W'bago Journey
lpmobilewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The hose from the interior drip pan under your fins could be plugged.
It has a plastic plug that rests in the small plastic pan at bottom of your cooling coils outside in lower vent area.
If you look closely at plug you will see a hole in it that can become plugged and will not allow water to drain out of the drip pan.
You can remove plug and clean but place it back in hose after cleaning so your interior box does not draw in warm air and raise temp of box.
When you open and close the doors you will let in warm air and will cause the fins to frost up which is normal.
The fridge fins will defrost and water goes into drip pan which than drains to small plastic container where hose plug is.
The heat behind the fridge where cooling coils are will evaporate the water which dropped down the hose from drip pan.
If the drain hose gets pulled off the drip pan you have a problem warm air is going to enter your fridge box and may only show up when you are driving the coach creating a vacuum to suck out the cold air in fridge.

Welcome new members to irv2.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, he has to clean the fitting on the end of the drain hose, which carries the drip water from the interior tray to the back tank, where it evaporates quickly. That little plug in the outer end of the hose gets clogged with food or mineral scale and the water doesn't drain out.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote