RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2017, 04:59 PM   #15

the actual fact of the matter is the lpg line should never loose pressure just from sitting a few weeks
My 1210 norcold could sit 3 months and fridge would fire up almost instantly

select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2017, 07:19 PM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by select55 View Post
the actual fact of the matter is the lpg line should never loose pressure just from sitting a few weeks

My 1210 norcold could sit 3 months and fridge would fire up almost instantly

But if you have turned off the gas at the tank. You will most likely have NO gas in your line & will need to purge Air from the line to be able to light.

Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:22 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegd007 View Post
But if you have turned off the gas at the tank. You will most likely have NO gas in your line & will need to purge Air from the line to be able to light.
Yup I agree, I use my RV once a month, and it usually takes about 3 attempts before the LP starts on the fridge.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:41 AM   #18

Quote:
ok what happened to the lpg in the line between your air tight LPG control valve ;airtight line and airtight valve(tank connection) ????

In theory the LPG should stay in the line
I know that lots of people have the air in the line syndrome just saying if everything was as tight as its supposed to be in theory there should not be any air just lpg gas
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:47 PM   #19

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well it should stay tight...but if anyone cracks a knob on the stove or tried to fire off the refer with the LPG off at the tank or tried to light the hot water tank...you have air in the line.
An my experience, if my LPG tank has been off a long while, is I light my stove burners first, to recharge the system. An this takes a while as it seems more air comes out than gas and to get a solid flame takes patience.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:59 PM   #20

the fridge should cycle through the ignite sequence a few times just like the furnace right to purge air? I never have an issue with mine just from sitting. I did have it go into error twice. The first time the board was bad and the 2nd time the burner was rusty. If it does it again I would take the panel off and see what's going on. You should hear the gas valve click when it opens and then hear the igniter firing. If no light I would clean the burner with some sand paper. When my board went bad the igniter would never fire.
0rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 11:04 PM   #21

Quote:

NO air in line to purge.........

It's just simple fact that LP Regulator is closed due to lack of demand.
You just need to 'establish' flow by placing a demand on regulator.

That can take a few attempts depending on source of demand.
Fridge....low demand at most 2200 btu
Water heater......bit higher 10,000 btu
Furnace............can be as high as 40,000btu

But the above three have 'flame proofing' feature that has to occur within first 10 seconds of attempting to fire off......otherwise after 3 attempts 'lock-out'

That is why after a period of non use the stove top burners on high is easiest and quickest way to 'establish' flow and place 'demand' on LP Regulator.
Stove top....typically 2 burners at 5,000/6,000 btu and 1 at 9,000 btu.
All three on HIGH....19,000/21,000 btu demand and no flame proofing/lock outs
Turn one on...let it go until it lights off then light off the other 2.

Flow established and regulator in service due to demand.
But pressure is only 0.4psi (11" WC) so it can take a little bit to run full length of propane line.

But no air to purge......
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:22 AM   #22

Here's a good article on the NO FL fault code:
Norcold Fault Codes F, no FL, or gas light flashing every second (LP/ Flame Problems) - The Norcold Guy

My issue ended up being a faulty board that couldn't sense the flame.
PJtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:14 AM   #23

Find the exhaust flume access and clean the burner grid. You will probably find debris or rust on the grid. Had the same issue with mine.

zanz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold