Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2015, 09:47 AM   #1

Norcold Fridge AC HE error with Dinosaur board

I have a Norcold 1200LRIM fridge, with a Dinosaur board that I'm having issues with.

What started was I moved the RV, and after I re-plugged it in the fridge errored out with an AC LO error. I double-checked the voltage at the board and it was 115.0, so as expected. I started the generator, and the code went away. When I stopped the generator the code never came back - no idea what happened.

Then the next day, the I noticed the fridge running on LP (it had been set to AU) even though there was still power. So I turned it to AC to force it on power, and it seemed to work. Then the following day the fridge had an AC HE error, but was still operating (fridge and freezer were cold).

I have contacted Dinosaur support, and I have to say I was very disappointed. they are extremely slow to respond, and have not been helpful - they seem to resent providing support. When I told them about the AC HE error their only response was to say the heating elements had failed. In any case, I checked the resistance of the two heating elements, when cold, and they seem to be within the expected range (would have been nice of their support to suggest I do this). I told Dinosaur this, and they then came back with the following:

"If you are checking it when the elements are hot it would eliminate the elements being the problem. If you are allowing them to cool and checking them at that point they aren't failing at that point."

So the question I have is what should the resistance be when the elements are hot? According to the Norcold maintenance manual it should be 58-62 at room temperature, but they don't talk about testing when they are hot.

I'm wondering if Dinosaur is just saying that to avoid having to actually replace the board.

Anyone have thoughts?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2015, 10:26 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Contact David Force at RV Cooling Unit Warehouse. Be sure you have the part number of the board you installed. He will be able to help you!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:45 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I feel for you for the poor CS from Dinosaur, as I have a DS board as well.

How old is your board, I believe there is a 2 yr warranty on CB

Just call them back and ask how you warrantee there CB
Old 09-30-2015, 11:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
I feel for you for the poor CS from Dinosaur, as I have a DS board as well.

How old is your board, I believe there is a 2 yr warranty on CB

Just call them back and ask how you warrantee there CB
Bought the board in April 2014. Challenge is they are refusing to help - say it's not a board problem. So not sure what to do.

I have to say I would probably not by a Dinosaur product again.

Tags
fridge, norcold