Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2015, 08:43 AM   #1

Norcold to Residential Fridge

We are looking to replace our Norcold 1210 with a residential refrigerator. I plan to hire someone to do this and am looking for recommendations on reputable companies to do the work. I am presently in Middle Tennessee but can go anywhere within reason. I am talking with Newmar currently but would like other options. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

2010 Newmar Dutch Star
billandkaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2015, 08:52 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
You might want to google crossrv.com, their in Lagrange In. and do a whole line of any custom MH/TT rebuild the customer wants.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:31 AM   #3

Thanks D Lindy
Old 12-08-2015, 12:00 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I highly recommend Cruising America RV Service in Celina, OH. Not all that far from central TN and they do fridge replacements regularly. They specialize in the American Coach brand but handle all types. Quality work and highly ethical - you won't be disappointed! Talk to Kevin Mallory, the owner. Oh, and you can stay in the coach at their shop too.

* Cruising American RV Service Co in Celina OH has 28 years of experience in RV service.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:19 AM   #5

Thanks Gary
Old 12-09-2015, 06:21 AM   #6

Thanks I'll give them a call.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:37 AM   #7

Take a trip south to find warmer temps., and check out Alliance Coach in Wildwood, Fl. They can do just about any kind of remodel you could ever want. They also have their own campground. I forget the carpenters name they have, but he's a magician. He's the one who put in our Whirlpool, and you'd think it was standard equipment.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:28 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Custom RV in Red Bay Al owned by Brannon Hutcheson has an excellent reputation for RV modifications including residential refrigerators. phone is 256-668-0973 My home town is Spring Hill TN
thebings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:11 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
You should also look at Elkhart RV Sales & Service in Elkhart, IN. They do great work. Talk to PJ 574-215-1441.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:31 AM   #10

Not a recommendation for a place to do the work, but I guess you have searched and figured out the common replacement is the Samsung RF18, as it has the same width and is counter-depth style. It is just taller than your current Notcold frig, so you will lose a bit of storage either below or above the current frig.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:49 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Norcold Fridge replacement

Bill and Karen, we had our Norcold taken out and replaced with a Samsung residential fridge. We had it done at Classic Coach Works, Ormond Beach Fl.
We could not be happier with the workmanship and the price. I highly recommend them.
Hubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:25 AM   #12

Thanks everyone for the help. We are looking at the Samsung and also a couple of Whirlpools. My biggest concerns are no damage and a clean looking install.

Thanks again
Old 12-10-2015, 04:23 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

The selection of a replacement fridge depends heavily on the model & floor plan you have now. Height is often an issue, and so is room for the doors to swing. French door models are popular because of the door swing issue (and Mama's style preference too).

If cramped for room, you can use an apartment size fridge, say 13-15 cubic ft. Still substantially larger than the Norcold (12 cuft) and all the advantages of a residential. If you have the room, the 18 cuft Samsung is a nice one.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:02 AM   #14

Gary

Thanks for the response

There is a drawer base under the fridge. Eliminating the drawer will give us plenty of height. I believe the Samsung will be a good fit, but we would like water and ice in the door so we are looking at other models.

Bill

Tags
fridge, norcold