RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2019, 06:20 AM   #1

North Trail Rv center Fort Myers Fla.

I was on my way to the dreaded vamping world off 75 in Fort Meyers, when lo and behold one exit away was the most amazing RV dealership I have ever seen.

I quickly got off at the next exit, did the U-turn and went back to check it out.

This place has an amazing selection of high-end RVs, and even has a wholesale used lot, a lot for consignment and airstream travel trailers.

The place is very well-maintained, not crowded at all and they were smart enough to make their service departments, separate from the sales departments, so there is plenty of room for you to maneuver your rigs on the many acres there.

The staff I talked to was very nice and not pushy. Most of the RVs I saw were Tiffin and Newmar.

Obviously a lot of you already know about this place and have purchased here before but thought this might be useful for people passing through.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2019, 11:55 AM   #2

They were going to expand across the street, has that happened yet?

'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:28 PM   #3

I did not find the sales staff very accommodating. Getting to test drive a Tiffin diesel I was interested in was like pulling teeth ! Wanted to also drive a Newmar gas rig and they stalled for time so long I gave up. I was there for about 6 hours, and decided I wasnít going to buy from them after this ordeal. Independence RV in Winter Garden, Fl was the complete opposite, and very helpful. I ended up buying from a private seller, because I found a better floor plan than they had on dealer lot.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:26 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We had a very similar experience at North Trail several years ago. After waiting around for about 3 hours to test drive a used class A motorhome, we gave up. We ended up purchasing our first (used) class A at Lazydays. That motorhome had been serviced by North Trail exclusively and the previous owner warned us to stay away from them. He purchased his new Newmar from Independence even though he lived in Venice Beach. Maybe they have changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I did not find the sales staff very accommodating. Getting to test drive a Tiffin diesel I was interested in was like pulling teeth ! Wanted to also drive a Newmar gas rig and they stalled for time so long I gave up. I was there for about 6 hours, and decided I wasnít going to buy from them after this ordeal. Independence RV in Winter Garden, Fl was the complete opposite, and very helpful. I ended up buying from a private seller, because I found a better floor plan than they had on dealer lot.
paddler1954 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #5

Learned about a used Tiffin with the floorplan we wanted at North Trail in 2017. It had not been listed, advertised or cleaned. We called and spoke to a salesman that gave the usual, "others are interested" speil. I was in sales so I didn't listen to that - however, I did know that the year and floor plan was what we wanted and had been prepared to fly from Florida to New Jersey to see since only two others could be found in the US despite months of searching.

So, we gave the fellow a 100% refundable deposit so we'd have first refusal. We told them NOT to clean it or do anything. Next day we drove the 4-5 hours to see it. No pressure, no hassle, told us to take our time with my 20 page checklist - long story short, we ended up buying and got what I still consider a good deal. They took care of everything on my hit list before we signed the paperwork and let us spend the night in the rig in their lot to iron out any kinks.

We're going back there this winter (2019) to have some body work done plus our annual service since they are a listed Freightliner (RV only) shop.

I have no qualms about them...yet. But I have learned to check everything BEFORE closing any service order at any facility.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
They were going to expand across the street, has that happened yet?

Iím not sure whatís old and whatís new but their foot print is insane.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:48 PM   #7

Quote:

Thatís a shame, that sounds like many dealers problem.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddler1954 View Post
We had a very similar experience at North Trail several years ago. After waiting around for about 3 hours to test drive a used class A motorhome, we gave up. We ended up purchasing our first (used) class A at Lazydays. That motorhome had been serviced by North Trail exclusively and the previous owner warned us to stay away from them. He purchased his new Newmar from Independence even though he lived in Venice Beach. Maybe they have changed?

Good to know. Happy to hear you found one you love.

I only bought from the retail shop, but was very impressed with the inventory and the cleanliness.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
Learned about a used Tiffin with the floorplan we wanted at North Trail in 2017. It had not been listed, advertised or cleaned. We called and spoke to a salesman that gave the usual, "others are interested" speil. I was in sales so I didn't listen to that - however, I did know that the year and floor plan was what we wanted and had been prepared to fly from Florida to New Jersey to see since only two others could be found in the US despite months of searching.

So, we gave the fellow a 100% refundable deposit so we'd have first refusal. We told them NOT to clean it or do anything. Next day we drove the 4-5 hours to see it. No pressure, no hassle, told us to take our time with my 20 page checklist - long story short, we ended up buying and got what I still consider a good deal. They took care of everything on my hit list before we signed the paperwork and let us spend the night in the rig in their lot to iron out any kinks.

We're going back there this winter (2019) to have some body work done plus our annual service since they are a listed Freightliner (RV only) shop.

I have no qualms about them...yet. But I have learned to check everything BEFORE closing any service order at any facility.

Happy to hear you got what you were looking for.

It would be interesting to know if the faces are the same two years later. Camping worlds faces seam to change every six months, and mostly deal in trailers now.
Iím more of a preowned guy myself, due to the drastic discounts.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:34 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
We bought our first RV from them just over 2 years ago and would never buy from them again. There service department was even worse than the sales staff.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by momdoc View Post
We bought our first RV from them just over 2 years ago and would never buy from them again. There service department was even worse than the sales staff.

Thatís sad to hear. Do you like your coach?
Old 09-17-2019, 10:36 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucbyrickg View Post
Thatís sad to hear. Do you like your coach?
Yep liked the coach but lots of warranty work that NT was not very good at as well as other dealers around the country. Went back to Elkhart to get things done.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Same with us.... sales ( John) at NT was terrible. Went to Independence and ordered our Newmar from them. After sales service has been great.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:23 AM   #14

I found them to be expensive.

Daverene is offline   Reply With Quote