Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2017, 07:16 AM   #15

Congratulations on your new acquisition. Surely you'll get everything sorted out, with some patience and lots of perseverance.

I suggest building a page (or pages) of key information like phone numbers and serial numbers as you go through resolving issues and learning more about your rig. Take a picture so you'll have this info with you. One time I was stranded and had misplaced the key phone number I needed, so have started doing this.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sky View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Surely you'll get everything sorted out, with some patience and lots of perseverance.

I suggest building a page (or pages) of key information like phone numbers and serial numbers as you go through resolving issues and learning more about your rig. Take a picture so you'll have this info with you. One time I was stranded and had misplaced the key phone number I needed, so have started doing this.
Thanks again to every one, your suggestions are all great. I spoke with the dealer yesterday, there was a superviser to call me back, I'm still waiting!!! the salesman did not know why my windshield wipers did not work, my fuel doors were locked and I hade no key....
Fastonecheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:26 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My new '15 has had 150 fixes and 95 improvements. Cant wait for my next RV to be made by Honda or Toyota. RV quality standards s__k!
Old 06-17-2017, 08:53 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the wonderful world of Class A ownership.
Best advice is READ all the manuals and try to remember everything in them. Your best friend is the owner's manual and the accessories manuals. Don't leave home without them. Spring loaded curtains rods from walmart work great and don't forget to do the veggie bins along with the shelves. Don't overload the fridge door compartments and No door locks are needed.
We were all first time Class A owners at one time in our lives. Everything that happens with your new Class A is a opportunity to learn even the bad things. Good Luck, Safe Travels, Slow Down and Enjoy the Ride.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Congratulations on the new coach. There will be some problems but working through them with patience will give you great rewards.

Yes they should build them better. While under warranty take it back for all of the big items however I believe the small items you can fix yourself will be better done by yourself. You will learn the coach and be happy with the quality of repairs you do.

The more you are able to do the better IMO. You will learn the quirks of the unit and know the repairs you have done are to a high standard. I have found that any RV is a continual work in progress. Travelling down some of our roads are a torture test and will give you lots of items to fix, replace, or adjust.

If you are able to get past that you will be ready to join a great group of folks who are like thinking, thoughtful and generous with their help and advice. It is our away family.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:08 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Congratulations on the new coach. There will be some problems but working through them with patience will give you great rewards.

Yes they should build them better. While under warranty take it back for all of the big items however I believe the small items you can fix yourself will be better done by yourself. You will learn the coach and be happy with the quality of repairs you do.

The more you are able to do the better IMO. You will learn the quirks of the unit and know the repairs you have done are to a high standard. I have found that any RV is a continual work in progress. Travelling down some of our roads are a torture test and will give you lots of items to fix, replace, or adjust.

If you are able to get past that you will be ready to join a great group of folks who are like thinking, thoughtful and generous with their help and advice. It is our away family.
X2 on the above and do not consider that you have "lost face" by recognizing the ineptness of your dealer's service personnel and repairing the issues yourself. My MH story is not fit to repeat and is responsible for our reluctance to repeat the head aches with another new motorhome. I am lucky to have the skill set to 'do it myself". You will get lots of help in these pages. Good luck and safe travels.

DIY Rear Panhard Rod
exrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 05:55 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You will establish a routine as you get ready to move. I start at the back and work my way forward. I check all drawers and doors to make sure they are shut and locked, nothing in the way of slides, all stuff off counters , refer locked down. Rugs picked up and drinks in holder.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:24 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My wife and I bought a new Suncruiser 38Q. First coach. There is a world of difference between a new car and a new RV in terms of expectation of quality and actual build. I thought the number of repairs was over the top. I have done them all myself because of distance from dealer and quality of the one repair they performed before pickup. The coach has been flawless after the fixes to plumbing, mixing valves for the shower, leaks from poorly sealed windows and front cap, and poorly functioning thermostat with intermittent function of one of the ACs. I also do all of my own preventative maintenance and oil changes. The point being, I have gained such valuable experience and knowledge of my coach that otherwise I would never have. I also realize that my bitching early in the ownership experience was really because of inexperience. Compared to some of the problems I have read about on these pages, my Winnebago is well made, well designed, and relatively problem free. The biggest lesson has been to not get mad and try to not be terribly frustrated. The second is to read every manual. Twice. By the way, the best fridge door holder for our residential fridge, it did not come with one which we discovered with our first left turn (leaving out on our first trip), has been a 18 inch Velcro strip with buckle (binding strip) from Amazon for $1.18.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:41 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
We, too, are going through the same thing, so you are not alone! We've also compiled a list, with all conversations documented with names, dept., dates and times. We have also fixed a few things ourselves, so we're feeling a tiny bit better. Hang in there!
caronaextra is offline   Reply With Quote