Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
KIX

OASIS door awning

The over-the-door awning on my coach recently failed. It's an A & E Oasis Elite. After doing some troubleshooting I've found the problem to be the motor shaft 'connector' and the 'gears that are attached tot he shaft between the motor and the roller tube. The parts needed to fix the awning are no longer available without buying the entire motor assembly.
Does anyone have a similar awning that I could buy the parts from?
Thanks
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mine failed when the coach only had 10000 miles on it. Went to roll it in and bang, out it went. Made me so mad I was chewing beer cans. Took two zip ties and pulled it closed then made three metal straps and self tapping screws and it ain't comming open again.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I just had a local RV Place order parts from A&E and fix mine because it would not retract under an extended service contract. Are you sure there are no parts available? If I remember correctly the place the Repairman usually orders from said the part was no longer available. A call to A&E and they said the part number had changed, gave the Repairman the correct part number. it was a gear piece that had stripped. I was happy it was repairable, you can't get the fabric color mine has anymore so it would not have matched thw rest of them. I would give A&E a call with your model number and ask them to email you a parts list. My guess is parts are still available for it.
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsualSuspect View Post
I just had a local RV Place order parts from A&E and fix mine because it would not retract under an extended service contract. Are you sure there are no parts available? If I remember correctly the place the Repairman usually orders from said the part was no longer available. A call to A&E and they said the part number had changed, gave the Repairman the correct part number. it was a gear piece that had stripped. I was happy it was repairable, you can't get the fabric color mine has anymore so it would not have matched thw rest of them. I would give A&E a call with your model number and ask them to email you a parts list. My guess is parts are still available for it.
Thanks for the thought. I did call A & E and they advised that the part I need had been superseded with a newer/better part. I ordered the non-returnable part for $ 145 and it is not the right part that I need.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #5

I have the same trouble but can not get it apart. How can I get the roller off with out removing the intire thing? It is attached to the MH with a type of cauck that is hard as a rock. Awning will not retract motor turns gear moves but shaft will not turn.
bsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsport View Post
I have the same trouble but can not get it apart. How can I get the roller off with out removing the intire thing? It is attached to the MH with a type of cauck that is hard as a rock. Awning will not retract motor turns gear moves but shaft will not turn.
If you indeed have the same awning then it must come off the moho to disassemble. Again, if it's the same Oasis Elite as mine then when the awning is extended you will see two scr3ews that go into the side of the moho. Remove these two screws. Then clip the two wires. The awning should slide forward and out of the track when tilted a few degrees upward. If you need the part that goes into the roller tube I have a new one.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #7

Can not get to the screws on left ,how does the front cover come off,or can I get the shaft out from the left side? The cover is caulked to the MH big mess stuff is like tar but harder.
bsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #8
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsport View Post
Can not get to the screws on left ,how does the front cover come off,or can I get the shaft out from the left side? The cover is caulked to the MH big mess stuff is like tar but harder.
Reread post #6
Old 09-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
See this thread

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/oasi...ct-112816.html

If there is room you can do the repair without removing the awning. If you can get at the three screws to pull the motor off it should be easy.

Use loctite when you put them back in or it will do it again way too soon.

The stuff is probably butyl rubber or caulk. It can be cut away with a putty knife.

The cover is held together with little plastic pins. They will probably break when you pull them out.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #10
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/oasi...ct-112816.html

If there is room you can do the repair without removing it the awning. If you can get at the three screws to pull the motor off it should be easy.

Use loctite when you put them back in or it will do it again way too soon.

The stuff is probably butyl rubber. It can be cut away with a putty knife.

The cover is held together with little plastic pins. They will probably break when you pull them out.
That's going to be a real show. In post #5 he says he wants to get the roller out.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
But

The part that fails is the LH drive cap. No need to remove the roller.

I had to remove mine because of the location of my patio awning. Big PITA.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, door