Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Oasis elite door awning

Does anyone out there know how to tighten the awning so it closes up nice and tight? Mine makes a rack it and I am not able to figure this out. Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2013, 03:33 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
At the rear end of the tube area there are limit adjustment screws on the bottom side and the awning will have to be open to see and adjust. One screw for the extend and one for retract with arrows showing the rotation of the tube as the difference and + & - for the adjustments.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:57 AM   #3

Leary, if you can get up there pull the motor end cover off, post the exact model, product and serial numbers. Dometic does not manufacture the Oasis Elite models themselves. They put their fabric on it.. and thats about it :-)

First make sure the awning assembly is centered (side to side) with the mounting frame. It wasn't uncommon for these to slip forward or back a little and it would not allow the roller to close flush as it was being interfered at the side of the frame. If it's closing almost all the way, try pushing in on it a bit to hear/feel if it's hitting the side of the mounting frame. If so, there are two set screws that loosen the entire roller assembly and you can slide the unit forward/backward until clears then re-tighten it.

If I remember correctly, after pulling the end caps there may be 2 limit adjustment screws. 1 for extended, 1 for retracted. The top adjustment screw (1/8th" or 3mm allen) is for retraction and turning it clockwise increases the closed travel. If you do try adjusting it make small incremental changes.. like 1/4 turn at a time.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:58 AM   #4

Haha Mike.. I was typing at the same time you were ;-)
Old 11-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the info. I was able to adjust the screws and it help to tighten the awing up. The front is still loose but not as bad as before. I am thinking that maybe something is bent. I will but it on my list for next year when we are home as we are on the road now for the winter thanks again.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leary54 View Post
Thanks for the info. I was able to adjust the screws and it help to tighten the awing up. The front is still loose but not as bad as before. I am thinking that maybe something is bent. I will but it on my list for next year when we are home as we are on the road now for the winter thanks again.
You may not have something bent. When I adjusted mine, the front did not tighten as much as the back. Additional 1/8 turns ended up snugging the front tight as well.
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Jim I will give that a shot. I was wondering how many screws are on your awning? Mine has four at each end, two forward and two rear. The forward two adjust the height of the arms and the rear two I have not seen any improvement when I turn those screws . Thanks
Old 11-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
I have attached two photos. The screws for adjusting the travel are on the rear of the awning. Some have said you need to remove the remove the rear trim cap but I did not find that necessary.
The screw in back, in the picture, is the one that adjusts how tight the awning gets to the motorhome, the one in front adjusts how far out the awning extends.
Attached Images

Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Jim , great pictures I have not found the adjustments in the first picture yet but once the driving rain and winds stop I will dig a little bit deeper.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leary54 View Post
Thanks Jim , great pictures I have not found the adjustments in the first picture yet but once the driving rain and winds stop I will dig a little bit deeper.
X-2 Jim thank you!

Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote