Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
OBD II Connection Fleetwood Southwind 32V

Unable to find the OBD II connector on my 2007 Southwind. Can't find it in any of the usual locations that I have found on my other vehicles. Is anyone familiar with this coach and know where it it found?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by papavon
Unable to find the OBD II connector on my 2007 Southwind. Can't find it in any of the usual locations that I have found on my other vehicles. Is anyone familiar with this coach and know where it it found?
If its a Ford , it will be on the right side of steering column near the top

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #3

The location depends on which chassis you have.
garym114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
OBD connection location

It is a Ford chassis. I have looke all around the steering column...both right and left sides. I can't figure out where it is hiding. Lots of wiring there and I guess it could be behind something. They usually aren't that hard to spot.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #5

I have an 06 F53...I am typically pretty handy and a fair wrench...

It took me quite a long time to fine the OBD plug in my MH....Reason: It was covered with an unmarked plastic cover and it blended it perfectly with the background of wires, etc......For the life of me, I could not fine it..But it was, as is, there.!! It did not help either that while looking I was wrapped 2x around the steering cloumn with one leg out the door and the other out the window......

If you have not found it, just keep looking.....Once you know where it is, the next time you will not understand why it took so long to find it initially.....

Steve and Liz
Fallbrook, Ca
2006 Gulfstream 31' Class A
Old 07-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Had to pull the cover on the steering column to get to mine..
Old 07-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Mine was a 99, the connector was on the left side of the colukn, up high under the dash.

It was so hard to reach, i just left my ultrapower tuner plugged in.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
The Ford f53 chassis is delivered to Fleetwood with a two foot lead on the connector. It has a long lead so that the connector can be moved in case the dash covers the factory location.
it is originally on the right side, but could have been moved. When you find it, you can remove the screws and relocate to a better location. As another post said it has a black plastic cover and is sometimes difficult to see.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Smile OBD II Connection Fleetwood Southwind 32V

Thanks for all of the posts and suggestions. I certainly understand the comment about being wrapped around the steering column. I have looked seemingly everywhere although didn't remove the steering column cover, yet. Fortunately, this time, I was able to accomplish what I needed to do (check engine)after an overheating event by disconnecting the battery negative cable for several minutes and it reset. Thanks eveyone. I will keep looking.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you are still looking, the cover is black plastic and says, data link connector. It is 3/4 by 1 1/2 inches. look directly above the right side of the brake pedal. above the pedal you will see the fuel pump reset button. there is a plastic conduit that runs to the reset button and then to the obd connector. the conduit is about the size of your little finger.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:38 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
OBD II Connection Fleetwood Southwind 32V

Thanks, ga traveller, those are the most concise directions, yet. I did see the fuel pump reset button. I will try again, using those directions. Every thing is fine and reset now by the battery disconnect method. However, I would like to know where it is for future reference. Thanks, again.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Success! The connection was found as described above the brake pedal and "conveniently" attached to the back of the dash where it would be impossible to plug into it. ;-) I will remove it and put it in a more convenient location for future access. Thank you for all the posts, and, especially to ga traveler for the good directions that finally got me there.

Tags
fleetwood, southwind