Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post
Well, I guess it is back to Scan Gauge.
My thoughts exactly. Tranmission temp is one of the main reasons I was looking into these things in the first place. I am definitely looking forward to having the fuel information now also. It is too bad. That Ultra Gauge would be so sweet and such a bargain if they would just add the vehicle specific gauges like Scan Gauge. Seem like it would be so easy to do.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Thanks guys. I have the scan gauge. I wanted something pacificly to read the codes. I'll keep looking. I will be buying a Equus 3100 for my cars and hope it works on the M/H.
The scan gauge reads codes already. I don't understand why you want to go out and spend more money to get an additional box that reads codes. If you just want to read basic engine codes any obd II scanner will work on your V10 just like the scan gauge does.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:50 PM   #17

Question OBD2 code reader

Tried a scan guage but it doesn't read the transmission temperature. Called scan gauge and they gave me a new code to program but I don't know how to program it into the scan gauge. I have read the instruction manual an no mention of reprograming a different code. Any help please!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #18
isa

Triple E Owners Club
Here are the steps to reprogram a new guage / output:

Displaying Vehicle Specific Gauges
You can add vehicle specific gauges to your ScanGauge.
  • To start, from the HOME screen use MORE>MORE>MORE>XGAUGE
  • Then in the top right, select the number of the XGauge memory you want to use (0 to 24)
  • Next <EDIT this will take you to the TXD screen
  • Using the commands link at the top of this page find your car and enter the values shown in the TXD, RXF, RXD, MTH, and NAME portion of the page
  • When entering values, the buttons on the left are + and - to change characters up and down, on the top right is -> to move to the next space, and OK>
  • The NAME does not have to be the one provided on the spreadsheet, those are only suggestions
  • Lastly press SAVE
Now you can select your new gauge just like any other one. From the home screen, press GAUGE press the button next to the gauge you want to use for the XGauge. Keep pressing as needed until your newly created XGauge name appears.
X-gauge values for Ford PWM transmission fluid temperature (TFT):
TXD C410F1221674
RXF 046205160674
RXD 3010
MTH 000100080000
NAM TFT

X-gauge values for Ford CAN transmission fluid temperature (TFT):
TXD 07E0221674
RXF 046205160674
RXD 3010
MTH 000100080000
NAM TFT

Old 02-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #19

Thanks ISA, thats what I was looking for.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #20

From what I understand if you have the allison 6 speed the scan gauge still cannot read trans temp. But I do believe they are trying hard to rectify that. I'm waiting till they have figured and then will purchase one.