Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #127

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
Overlands

We bought a 99 Overland a few years ago and I must admit based on ours, this sounds like a great deal. They are well built coaches and we like our very much. We have a facebook page "Overland Motor Coach with around 35 members. Check it out if you are on facebook. There is some good information on it.

Good luck!

HC-1 phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2015, 07:55 AM   #128

Overland Owners Club
We are new to the Overland family. We have just bought a 1998 Overland Larado 4141. After buying it I made a 1300 mile trip bringing it home. It drove very nice. Since getting it home I have been working some of the little buggs out of it. The previous owner did some remodeling and left some things unfinished. It has the cummins diesel that has 45,000 miles on it. I have found that most parts are replaceable from major RV parts suppliers, Freightliner, and heavy duty truck parts shop. I also was lucky that there are three binders with all the information from Overland and the manufactures of the installed items.

This thread looks to be very informative and I am glad I found it. Hope to contribute any information I learn about my coach.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:33 AM   #129

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Hi JamesD1998... we have an Overland Motor Coach group on Facebook. Come on over and ask to join us!
Ghostlarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:31 PM   #130

Overland Owners Club
re: Overland Coaches

Hi Folks! We too have just joined the Overland family! We just purchased a '98 Lorado 4141 with the Cummins/Allison combo. In the month we've had it, we've upgraded the TV's and Stereos, serviced everything, and just upgraded the electric steps, OH, and a new toilet on the first trip out!

We've found very few other issues (And thanks Mike for the heads up on the AC panel).

This is our first foray into a pusher, we've been driving and old pig of a 454 for the last 6 years and it was time to upgrade, but we wanted to stay reasonably priced. I've been through this coach with a fine tooth comb and couldn't be more pleased with the build quality and how it's held up over the last 16 years.

It's nice to see there are still some other Overland's out there and we're looking forward to seeing y'all on the road!
Old 12-31-2015, 07:31 PM   #131

Newbie Overland owner

Hello all

I just bought a new-to-me 2000 Overland Odessa Lorado 4145 yesterday. Glad to see all the positive comments about the rig here on this thread!

This is my first RV and I bought it with the intention of full-timing it for the foreseeable future due to a job/location change. Although I don't know a whole bunch about these or any other RV's, this one seems like it was well cared for and has many bells/whistles. 49K miles on a CAT 330/Allison. To me, it seemed like a whole lot of coach for the $$$. It has a good open floor plan and seems like it will be easy to full-time it in this buggy...I don't need much as I am a bachelor....for now anyways

Right now, I don't even know what I don't know, so, I'm scouring this forum for any info I can find...so far, seems like a good forum with lots of experience. I kinda jumped onto the RV bandwagon without much planning, but I figure what the hell, I'll figure it out as I go..I generally fly by the seat-of-the-pants anyway, why should this be any different

I just wanted to introduce myself here on the Overland thread, if I have any model specific questions in the future I'll be picking your brains! I haven't even taken delivery of her yet, hopefully only a few more days

Old 01-01-2016, 07:12 AM   #132

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Congratulations on the "new" coach. Indeed it looks like it was well taken care of.

There is a group page of Overland owners on Facebook. Folks tend to respond quicker on the FB page rather than here on the forum simply because the of way Facebook works.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/537718293011161/

Don
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 10:01 AM   #133

1995 Odessa Overland model -M34 or M36? Transmission?

Hello to everyone.
I am wondering if this little group is still around here? Searching all over the place to find some information about a 1995 Overland Odessa. Pictures I found looking much different because most I did find are from 1997 and up. I did find this unit and have no idea what model it is. And. I do not speak French but the MH is at a dealer in Montreal.... What model is this RV? The NADA guide shows a retail price of $10,000 to $12,000 for the M-34. (Dealer info I got: 35ft (M-34/36??), 300 HP, Oshkosh chassis, 130,000 miles) The driver/passenger chairs including dinette and sofa will be replaced by me. The old furniture looks awful. It has 1 slide-out. Engine was rebuilt 2 years ago, rear tires are new. Bad things: delaminating on some spots, vent to the fuel tank, front brake lines must be replaced and transmission neutral switch must be fixed (bigger problem???) I know it is a 21 year old DP and some things must be fixed. I searched online but can't find anything like: Engine, what transmission was used? I can't even find pictures from 1995 models.... And I do not have a Facebook account. Sorry!
Old 05-09-2016, 02:51 PM   #134

Overland Owners Club
Not New to the Overland Family

Hello Fellow "Overlanders".

Finally got some time to return to this forum. I came across it when researching the purchase of a 1998 Lorado 4141 previously owned by Grzly03. We purchased in April 2016. What a great (and kinda sneaky) way to find out all the little things he had problems with in his coach. Nonetheless it is an awesome purchase and got a great toad in the deal.

We are full timers in the San Bernardino, CA. area. Sold our home in April. Work is still good in the area so we'll stick around and bank those horrible mortgage and utility payments.

This is our second Overland. We full timed in a 1989 38' pusher, 2009-2011. No slide but what a beast with a Detroit 8V92/Allison drive train. Oh if it only had air brakes... Last we heard from her was in 2011 in Sacramento with a military family...hope she's still alive and well.

Looks like most owners posting in this group have about the same year. Gonna post a few pics. It looks just like the one found in New Orleans, not sure if the same unit.

Some upgrades and repairs have been completed to turn this recreational unit into a full timer. I'm a diesel, gas, truck, rv, bus, auto mechanic of 37 years, if I can answer any general questions I'd be glad to. I may need some assistance with specific Overland systems as I come across them and will be sure to follow the forum closely. If anyone comes out to So Cal. give us a jingle if we can help guide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160508_160303.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	305.1 KB
ID:	126571  
CaliOverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #135

Overland Owners Club
Headlight Upgrade

Just finished my headlight upgrade. Old ones were faded, broken or way out of adjustment due to broken adjusters. I've seen others post this but wanted to post my own info.

The headlights, corner, turn signals and chrome bezels are from a 1992-1996 Ford Bronco, F150, F250, F350. I've seen others refer to the 97 models but need to be sure it's early 97, late 97 was different, the bulb however is the same. I have the original amber turn signals in decent shape if anyone is interested, just pay for shipping.

I opted to replace the painted bezel with chrome as well replace the amber turn signal with clear. I think it really made the front pop. The fun part was modifying the chrome trim bezel to fit the existing fiberglass bucket, it was obvious Odessa did the same thing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160508_160442.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	126641  
Old 05-10-2016, 11:42 AM   #136

Overland Owners Club
Battery Upgrade

Another completed project was my battery upgrade.

Original was (2) 12V chassis and (2) 6V coach batteries, side by side. I split the bay using some angle iron and 3/4 exterior plywood. The battery box area is sheet metal so supported the backsides with 1/2" wood strips.

Replaced the chassis batteries with maintenance free so really no need to have full access to check water levels only occasional terminal cleaning. I have the Cummins 8.3L and felt I needed a 3 battery system.

This setup gives me room now for future additions to the coach batteries. Plenty of room for 4 deep cycle 6V batts for possible off grid longevity. Future plans include a way to trickle charge my chassis batteries off my coach charger since I am full time with about 2 weeks between moves. Open for ideas. I do have a battery isolator, I may be able to switch from chassis alternator to coach charger when parked...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160508_161734.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	126648  
Old 05-17-2016, 06:19 PM   #137

2000 Overland Loredo for sale on EBay

Hello Overland Lorado owners,

My wife and I purchased our Overland Loredo new in 2000 when our kids were five and two. We traveled the US in the RV with them over the last 15 years. They are now both in college and we do not need a RV anymore.

We only put less than 30,000 miles on our RV and it is always been professionally serviced. Overland owners know how well these RV's are built and ours is barely been broken in.

We just had all of the annual maintenance work performed and the RV is ready to travel with a new family.

My wife (Linda Daniels) is running an EBay auction to sell the RV.

2000 Odessa Industries Overland Lorado M 4145 | eBay

Please pass this link on to anyone you know who likes Overland RVs and you can call me at 201-456-5756 if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Chuck Daniels
Old 05-18-2016, 09:30 AM   #138

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Looks like a very nice unit... Good luck with the sale.
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:58 AM   #139

Thanks!

I appreciate the kind words on our RV. We loved our time in it and we took good care of it, so if you know anyone who wants a 1 owner Overland with less than 30,000 miles please let them know that one is available :-)

Chuck
Old 06-02-2016, 11:10 PM   #140

Decals

Does anybody know where i can get a set of Overland decals ? My 97 Lorado's decals are worn and peeling.

Tags
georgie boy