Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #29

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
2000 Odessa Industries 37' Overland Lorado DP

We are new to the Odessa Industries family. We traded our Winnebago Adventurer last weekend for a 2000 Overland Lorado. We think we are going to enjoy this coach because it seems to have a great ride and handles well. If you have any insight that you can share with us we would love to hear from you.
HC-1 phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #30

HC-1. Congratulations on your Overland. I am a relatively new owner, too. We have had our 4141 for only a year, and we have thoroughly enjoyed. Watch the forum for a new Owner's group for Overland. I tried to get it going a couple of months ago, but got bogged down with other things. Will try again soon. HC-1 sounds military. Right?

Grzly03, Dick Nester in Temecula and Apple Valley, CA
Grzly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #31

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
We got our 1998 Overland Lorado 4141 (42') just over 2 years ago.
Upgraded from a 1989 Georgie Boy Cruise Master (35') Gasser.
Quite a change - and we live in ours full time.

The first thing I did was change out the sensors on the Suburban DSI 10-gal water heater for a hotter set. Originals were 120 degree - went to 140 degree set. Much better water temp for showers.

Love the way it handles and rides. The air suspension is great.
The jacks are great and make set-up quick and easy. Blew a front hose fitting and had to replace it. Typical fittings from the hardware store fixed it.

Had a brake (air) issue that turned out to be a miss-adjusted actuator arm (nut loose).

Search the threads for "slobber tube". Collectors will keep oil off of your toad.
Link to mine:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f124/slob...tml#post983380

Make sure your exterior mirrors are tight. Had the drivers side one flip around on a trip during a wind storm.

Consider a lock for your awning. At least make sure the mechanism is working properly. Our (Dometic) partially unfurled on a trip (again with wind). It is quite common. Bungey chords held it for the trip. I made a lock for ours, but they sell several on the web.

Enjoy!
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #32

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
HC-1 is military. I was in the USN from 63 to 70. Look forward to the forum being set up. I'm sure it will be a great help as problems arise in the home. Our grip handle light bar has hairline cracks and we want to replace it. We found one on ebay for $50 but is there a way to just replace the lighted section?
Old 12-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #33

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
Great information. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #34

Freightliner Owners Club
Interesting to read about others problems and resolution. In the past 4 years, I have had most of the problems mentioned plus more. Great idea to get an Overland owners forum, I have only run into three other Overlands during rallys and travels (one had dual rear axles but only one tire, per side and both axles were driven, the owner said they only made 3 in that configuration). Based on an Overland recall, I estimate only about 150 of the coaches were manufactured. They were made in Elkhart, Indiana and the wife of a wealthy industrialist ran the business, but lost too much money so the husband shut Overland down.
We will depart in January for our 5th trip across the US, wintering primarily in Tucson (Rincon Country West). Other than a blown Michelin tire, we have not broken down yet. Merry Christmas
doug_nahant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #35

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
We are having problems with our HWH jacks lowering. After powering the system up we hit a down switch and can hear the relay energize but the pump does not start. Has anyone run into this problem? If so, what do I need to check?
Old 12-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #36

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Climb under, find the pump (mine is up front, under the drivers side, just in front of the tire) and check it out.

BTW, Never use the HWH jacks to hold the rv up when you are under it working. Use a real jack and stands.

If the jacks are up, unscrew the filler and check the fluid level. Add P/S fluid (Dextron) if needed. Jacks must be fully retracted to check.

Wipe it down well and check all the electrical connections. Our worked great untill I cleaned it up one time and knocked a wire loose. Conncection was push-on and inside a rubber boot. Another wiggle of that connection and they worked again.

If I remember, there is an in-line fuse down there, too.

Start small (wires and fuses) and then go on to bigger issues, if needed.

Good Luck!
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #37

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
Jacks fixed...Thanks for help.

George got the jacks working. There is a local guy who we use to help with RV problems and he came over. He said he had not been able to find motors, which was what we needed. He said it would be around $1200 for the whole thing..pump and motor..but George went to a local guy he knew and they had the motor in stock. We couldn't believe the luck and the guy helping took down the information for future orders when needed. Cost was $300 instead of around $1200. Yea! one more thing to mark off the list. Headlight adjustment may be next. We had the same problem coming home with it as was reported on here.

Looking forward to our forum being started. Y'all are a great source of information!
Old 12-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #38

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Hey all. There is an Overland Owners Group/Club. It is dwindling in size, but there are still a couple dozen members throughout the US. There are a several guys that know most Overland stuff inside out, and there are some original owners that ordered their coaches new. Currently they have two rallies per year and the next one is at the FMCA Rally in Perry GA.

We recently voted to lower the annual dues to I think $5, and steps are in the works to dissolve the non-profit corp. to reduce the useless paper workload. Most communications now are via e-mail, so the cost of postage and other expenses make the club costs quite low. The Overland Premier Club domain name was given to the club when the company closed, but for now no-one has stepped up to create, host, and run a current website.

I like the idea of an owners group/forum here and will be willing to help out and also spread the word to the existing club members.

If you are interested in the club, PM me with your e-mail addresses and I'll forward the info to our Secretary to get you included in the group.

Sincerely,
Don Sweger
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #39

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
We sent our 2 email addresses to you as requested. We asked if you could give us the dates for the Perry, GA rally. Please post it on here, also, and let us know if you did not get the pm with the email addresses. I tried to google the website you mentioned but could not find it. Can you give us that website?

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #40

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
Hope Overland Owners will meet up at rally

The dates for the rally in Perry, GA are March 17 through the 20th. I am very disappointed because I made a commitment months ago to babysit that week for my 2 year old granddaughter so her parents can take a trip. One week out of the whole spring and they are the same week. Just my luck!

I hope some of the Overland people will meet up and we can get our forum going and make some contacts. Again, so disappointed that we cannot attend. Hope you will let us know how it goes!

Kathryn
Old 12-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #41

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
George and Kathryn,

I forwarded your e-mail address to the club secretary and requested that she forward you some information.

I have to say, not including me, it is a really great group of people. You'll be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more helpful group. It's more like a family... At most of the rallies, the club "techs" as I call them help with any problems or repairs a couple days ahead of the rally. We usually get together and fix what needs fixed, especially for the ones who are less technically inclined, or physically unable to do. Everything from repairing water heaters, awnings, lights, furnaces, slide mechanisms, satellite troubles, etc.

Sincerely,
Don
Old 12-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #42

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_nahant View Post
Interesting to read about others problems and resolution. In the past 4 years, I have had most of the problems mentioned plus more. Great idea to get an Overland owners forum, I have only run into three other Overlands during rallys and travels (one had dual rear axles but only one tire, per side and both axles were driven, the owner said they only made 3 in that configuration). Based on an Overland recall, I estimate only about 150 of the coaches were manufactured. They were made in Elkhart, Indiana and the wife of a wealthy industrialist ran the business, but lost too much money so the husband shut Overland down.
We will depart in January for our 5th trip across the US, wintering primarily in Tucson (Rincon Country West). Other than a blown Michelin tire, we have not broken down yet. Merry Christmas
I've heard several variations of why Overland went away. One which seems plausible came from a gentleman whose father was the purchasing manager for Overland. He said it was a privately owned business and the husband died very unexpectedly with heart trouble. There was no financial mechanism in place for the business to continue, and I believe that between creditors, suppliers, and the IRS, the end was inevitable.

Tags
georgie boy